Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the collection cup touch the ceiling? That thing is HUGE!

Yes, it's too tall after special ordering the height to fit the room it came in about 2" too tall. :-( I am planning on placing it between the joist and cutting into the ceiling so I can leverage the wash down station, current collection cup.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95F6A67E-92F0-4704-9C6A-8DB084A7D95B.jpeg
3C6F9761-80BC-4BCF-AA2A-C9B8A64315CD.jpeg

Fixed!

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of auto feeder is that in the video? By the looks of the design of the new feeding station seems like you will be using the same style auto feeder.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has come to build out another sweet large reef.

Here is my last one: Anderson Family Reef - 1200 Gallon Reef

This time I will build out an in wall 720 (8'x3'x4') and a 740 (9'x4'x33") in the fish room.

Wow this thread is amazing. Truly not just a hobby but a way of life. GREAT reef . Beautiful!!!

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through all 15 pages, great work and dedication.

The first tank has some real girth to it. Rockwork is impressive too! Nice job saving the fish with the cp/prazi. I need to try cp this time for my 400g “restart”, only have 6 fish left in the tank after a fish crash a while back.

Disappointing that aquarium engineering hasn’t delivered all your stuff yet (it’s been over a year!) and the skimmer being too tall after sending measurements and spending the $$$$ was unfortunate. BUT I really like how you are rolling with the punches and making it happen with what you have. Staying positive can really keep the trajectory of the project headed in the right direction, your rocking it man!

Are the lights on your coral holding tanks ati t5 with led accents? If so what are the leds? Looks like it’s working mint!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of auto feeder is that in the video? By the looks of the design of the new feeding station seems like you will be using the same style auto feeder.
It’s a Super Feeder has a giant capacity but doesn’t serve up a consistent amount. (Doesn’t matter to me because my fish will eat it all) Neptune is good for a consistent portion. Yes I’m using the same kind! Love this one!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through all 15 pages, great work and dedication.

The first tank has some real girth to it. Rockwork is impressive too! Nice job saving the fish with the cp/prazi. I need to try cp this time for my 400g “restart”, only have 6 fish left in the tank after a fish crash a while back.

Disappointing that aquarium engineering hasn’t delivered all your stuff yet (it’s been over a year!) and the skimmer being too tall after sending measurements and spending the $$$$ was unfortunate. BUT I really like how you are rolling with the punches and making it happen with what you have. Staying positive can really keep the trajectory of the project headed in the right direction, your rocking it man!

Are the lights on your coral holding tanks ati t5 with led accents? If so what are the leds? Looks like it’s working mint!
Thanks for checking out the build!

CP worked like a dream, followed it up with some prozipro. Fish are flawless now even without running my giant UV! (It’s connected to the skimmer so both are still sidelined while I wait for parts from Bill - AE)

Bummed about the Aquarium Engineering timing and endless missed committed to timelines! ‍♂️ just waiting on two more controllers and a pump and I’ll be there after 13 months and counting.

I’m running some current LED’s and some reefbrite XHO led blues on the frag bin right now. Before on the frag tank it was ATI T5’s and XHO’s

Thanks for chiming in! I need to go check out your build

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back