Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Next up... I need to create better flow in the aquarium for the corals & fish.**

I have the tower of power (heads) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: on the left side of the front viewing panel and it's a bit of an eyesore. My wife keeps reminding me that she has never seen anything like that in the real reefs while we were snorkeling! :( Point well taken... I'm on the hunt for a better solution!

I have been adding more and more Sicce Voyager HP 10 powerheads to the display, 5 to the side mount and 3 angled down the back left corner, with mediocre results and it's still not enough.

The fish are always running into them or have to go around them because it's right where the autofeeder drops in the pellets each day. The food sticks to the intake of each powerhead until it breaks down and gets pulled through. I also bump them all out of wack when I am getting in and out of the tank during my dives for tank maintenance.

I need a big pump that does a ton, and I mean a ton of flow to replace all these little ones. I would like it to be controllable so I can ramp it up during the day and slow it down at night. I also dive the tank often so I need something that's diver friendly (safe amperage for divers) so I don't have to power everything down each time I do some quick maintenance. It can't break the bank and I need it to have some cool mounting options so I can hide it low against the back wall of the tank.

I have been looking at the Panta Rhei ECM 75 Hydro Wizard pump for a while now. It checks all the boxes and will fit nicely in my pump cave that I created when I first built the rockwork.
1672877021769.png

Pump technical data Type Hydro Wizard® ECM 75

Cable Length from Pump to Controller- 10M (standard).

Rated input voltage 100-240 V~, 50/60Hz

max. power consumption 658 W

min. speed 500 R/min

max. speed 1,800 R/min

max. flow rate 160,000 l/h

max. medium velocity 3.3 m/s

Axial thrust ~120 N

max. operating depth conditioned by cable length

Weight (motor + basket) 2,350 g

Total weight 15,150 g max.

medium temperature 35 °C / 95 °F max.

ambient temperature 40 °C / 104 °F

Diver safe 58 Volts at the pump

I just ordered one from Joseph Caparatta (super knowledgable and a super nice guy) at UniqueCorals:

https://uniquecorals.com/products/panta-rhei-ecm-75-hydrowizard

Can't wait to flow the Wazuki (if that's even a word) out of this tank!!

Should be getting here within the next week... STOKED!!!!

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abyzz makes a few but it might just break the bank.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abyzz makes a few but it might just break the bank.

I've looked at those too but they are cost prohibitive for me. ;)

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To say that this construction is incredible is an understatement, one of the best projects I have seen without a doubt, great attention to detail and a lot of passion in the work to make this a success, congratulations. I'm sorry for the problems you've had with AE, I'm surprised that Bill has had this kind of behavior, I just hope it gets resolved for you, even though what you're doing is amazing and a dream for many of us, enjoy it a lot!

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Next up... I need to create better flow in the aquarium for the corals & fish.**

I have the tower of power (heads) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: on the left side of the front viewing panel and it's a bit of an eyesore. My wife keeps reminding me that she has never seen anything like that in the real reefs while we were snorkeling! :( Point well taken... I'm on the hunt for a better solution!

I have been adding more and more Sicce Voyager HP 10 powerheads to the display, 5 to the side mount and 3 angled down the back left corner, with mediocre results and it's still not enough.

The fish are always running into them or have to go around them because it's right where the autofeeder drops in the pellets each day. The food sticks to the intake of each powerhead until it breaks down and gets pulled through. I also bump them all out of wack when I am getting in and out of the tank during my dives for tank maintenance.

I need a big pump that does a ton, and I mean a ton of flow to replace all these little ones. I would like it to be controllable so I can ramp it up during the day and slow it down at night. I also dive the tank often so I need something that's diver friendly (safe amperage for divers) so I don't have to power everything down each time I do some quick maintenance. It can't break the bank and I need it to have some cool mounting options so I can hide it low against the back wall of the tank.

I have been looking at the Panta Rhei ECM 75 Hydro Wizard pump for a while now. It checks all the boxes and will fit nicely in my pump cave that I created when I first built the rockwork.
1672877021769.png

Pump technical data Type Hydro Wizard® ECM 75

Cable Length from Pump to Controller- 10M (standard).

Rated input voltage 100-240 V~, 50/60Hz

max. power consumption 658 W

min. speed 500 R/min

max. speed 1,800 R/min

max. flow rate 160,000 l/h

max. medium velocity 3.3 m/s

Axial thrust ~120 N

max. operating depth conditioned by cable length

Weight (motor + basket) 2,350 g

Total weight 15,150 g max.

medium temperature 35 °C / 95 °F max.

ambient temperature 40 °C / 104 °F

Diver safe 58 Volts at the pump

I just ordered one from Joseph Caparatta (super knowledgable and a super nice guy) at UniqueCorals:

https://uniquecorals.com/products/panta-rhei-ecm-75-hydrowizard

Can't wait to flow the Wazuki (if that's even a word) out of this tank!!

Should be getting here within the next week... STOKED!!!!
I thought you said 1 of the criteria was that it can't break the bank? I think you blew it on that one. But seriously this pump looks bad butt

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you said 1 of the criteria was that it can't break the bank? I think you blew it on that one. But seriously this pump looks bad butt
2C795CFE-E809-490A-908F-CB70D5C9487E.jpeg

It arrived and is a beast!! Can’t wait to test it out on the big dog!!

I have to dive the tank and measure the cave to build a custom 1-1/2” sch 80 PVC mount for it. Hope to get that done this week!!

it’s bigger tank a 5 gallon bucket!!

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have to dive the tank and measure the cave to build a custom 1-1/2” sch 80 PVC mount for it. Hope to get that done this week!!

Looks more like a Jet Tubine than a powerhead. That thing should move some water. I am looking forward to my next visit to SLC

quentin17110

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Skip to page 33 to see the Concrete Tank build - 5000 gal***
261D9512-102B-4928-BCC1-F1C8AD94A211.jpeg

________________________________________________________________________________________

The time has come to build out another sweet large reef.

Here is my last one: Anderson Family Reef - 1200 Gallon Reef

This time I will build out an in wall 720 (8'x3'x4') and a 740 (9'x4'x33") in the fish room.

Wow

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some chaeto to the 500 fuge:
0016876A-BFC4-48BE-8032-A372E80EA2AA.jpeg

Also have the bio denitrator to help but I’ve had a hard time matching the return compression fitting cap as this one didn’t come with one…
B14862ED-33DB-44EA-ABBA-3B1EF1520D26.jpeg

B6132B0C-9FA9-4A08-8F32-BCFE71616913.jpeg

Should get the (second) replacement I ordered this week… see if they fit then I’ll get that online!

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man, looks like it would use 220v.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back