Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget your taking my giant Vlamingii as well............Maybe some of the other giants as I make room for the giant schools. Besides, he can't hide in any corals except the giant leather. Maybe you should take that too.

Looking great bro!
Chris, you are a gentleman and a scholar!! There are very few of us left!! LOL

You have the largest Vlamingii I have seen in a home aquarium!! Yes can’t wait to cut him loose in the big dog!! He will have 90” of depth to swim in and I’m sure he will love it with the others in there!!

Once I am dialed in I would love any of your big corals too!!

Did that efflorescence frag make it that I sent with you?

Humongous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, you are a gentleman and a scholar!! There are very few of us left!! LOL

You have the largest Vlamingii I have seen in a home aquarium!! Yes can’t wait to cut him loose in the big dog!! He will have 90” of depth to swim in and I’m sure he will love it with the others in there!!

Once I am dialed in I would love any of your big corals too!!

Did that efflorescence frag make it that I sent with you?
It's barely hanging on, comes alive, then dies off..........repeat process. I'm trying!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6670676A-B004-41F4-A359-E9F41DCBAF7B.jpeg
584FD6BC-160F-4565-94E8-D7DDE1748C9A.jpeg
221F35B4-0815-4A79-A0D2-0443F304E2D8.jpeg

My good friend Jonathan loaned me my old skimmer back for the cycle till Bill ships the new big one. Fits great in the skimmer pit. I ordered new seals for the recirculation pump, ordered a new needle wheel impeller and went through it giving it a good clean and checking all the seals.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

I've been following this build since I made my account, and even before. I'm so excited to finally see saltwater in this tank, and here it is! That unicorn looks so happy to be in there. I can't see the other fish, but I'm sure they think someone put them on a plane to Hawaii, and then back in the ocean. Congrats!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

I've been following this build since I made my account, and even before. I'm so excited to finally see saltwater in this tank, and here it is! That unicorn looks so happy to be in there. I can't see the other fish, but I'm sure they think someone put them on a plane to Hawaii, and then back in the ocean. Congrats!
That’s awesome thanks for following along!

The foxface found the unicorn and now they are hanging out together! I’ll grab a picture soon.

They are shy in there waiting for a big predator to come out of the rockwork and grab them.

They are acting very timid with all the space but super cool how they found each other and are hanging out just like the friends they were in the sump! Now if the big Yellow Tang can find them!!

The single moon light is on now so they are venturing around a bit.

Super stoked right now!!

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on gear from Bill? I feel like I’ve grown up on this thread lol! Didn’t have an account when it first started but I’ve been following along from the beginning! I’ve moved 3 times, went full time at my job and am currently setting up my own dream build and am still waiting to hear about gear that isn’t even mine! I can’t imagine how you must feel at this point! Hopefully you hear something soon!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2632719A-F556-420F-98B4-610B7E3C1CF2.jpeg
D86DC865-13B3-4A90-9464-A65398D3A7FB.jpeg
4CC0C857-D01A-4C3F-AAE7-2D17098F37E3.jpeg

The Acanthus was chasing them all around in the sump so it was an easy move… added bacteria and tons of live rock from the other system plus a 200 gallon water change with the holding system. Tested for ammonia and nitrate (I had those kits) both are at 0…

Here we go folks!! Let the cycle begin!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on gear from Bill? I feel like I’ve grown up on this thread lol! Didn’t have an account when it first started but I’ve been following along from the beginning! I’ve moved 3 times, went full time at my job and am currently setting up my own dream build and am still waiting to hear about gear that isn’t even mine! I can’t imagine how you must feel at this point! Hopefully you hear something soon!
Thanks for following along!! You have been busy too!!

I’ll check in again early this week to see where he is at on everything.

Hopefully soon but test it’s been a long time!!

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following along!! You have been busy too!!

I’ll check in again early this week to see where he is at on everything.

Hopefully soon but test it’s been a long time!!
It definitely has been! It’s been awesome seeing this project develop! Luckily I think I’m also in my final resting place for a long time so things will settle down! Looking forward to seeing this thing all up and running! It’s been quite a journey so far!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back