Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the temporary skimmer even necessary at this time? Are you even sniffing close to max bioload for that tank? Maybe just load up some chaeto or macroalgae to get by for a bit until or if Bill comes through.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the temporary skimmer even necessary at this time? Are you even sniffing close to max bioload for that tank? Maybe just load up some chaeto or macroalgae to get by for a bit until or if Bill comes through.
I’d imagine the Koi left behind some waste that’s worth cleaning out.

Humongous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until the wrecking ball moves in to your tank! Those two Vlamingi tangs together are going to cause all the water movement you need. Seriously mine leaves a wake.

I can't wait to see them swimming together.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thought! Yes, water is measuring 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrates. I moved over a few hundred pounds of live rock to the sump. Should hold up for a while! I know, I really don't want to plumb in the equipment in twice!
I’d imagine the Koi left behind some waste that’s worth cleaning out.
I siphoned out the tank 3 times (2000 gallons at a time) and blew off the rockwork with a 10k GPH waterfall pump when it still had FW. Hope that was good enough. Agreed.
Wait until the wrecking ball moves in to your tank! Those two Vlamingi tangs together are going to cause all the water movement you need. Seriously mine leaves a wake.

I can't wait to see them swimming together.
Yes, me too!! It's so rad to see that Vlamingii swim naturally through that big tank with the arches and swim throughs. He does need a buddy soon!! (After it's fully cycled of course) Water level is 7'6" so he is loving it in there!!

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I siphoned out the tank 3 times (2000 gallons at a time) and blew off the rockwork with a 10k GPH waterfall pump when it still had FW. Hope that was good enough. Agreed.
I just don’t want you to go through the same hell I just went through with old phosphate bound dry rock. At 1 year old I’m just getting through the uglies on my 500.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, the Green hair algae has finally just started melting away as the tank has matured, phosphates dropped, and the rock surface has grown new competitors. I highly advocate for you getting some real ocean rock/substrate in there.

Theo_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your plans for nutrient export? How will you remove nitrates and phosphates?

You sure have a lot of patience with that guy. I remember you explaining something about him taking care of his parents and an employee walking out on him, but that’s life. Imagine if all companies gave this type of service when an employee walks out on them. Imagine what life would be like. Stop making weak excuses and take accountability.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your plans for nutrient export? How will you remove nitrates and phosphates?

You sure have a lot of patience with that guy. I remember you explaining something about him taking care of his parents and an employee walking out on him, but that’s life. Imagine if all companies gave this type of service when an employee walks out on them. Imagine what life would be like. Stop making weak excuses and take accountability.
I will have a large skimmer, do monthly water changes, use 0 TDS water for top off and have some media reactors for GFO/phosguard and carbon.

Yeah I would have been fired providing this type of delivery on a product. I built my concrete tank from the ground up in a year, all he had to build was a skimmer, UV, heat exchanger, sump, frag tank and overflow box… You should be able to get that done in 450+ days you think… just a bummer.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build and definitely one that will be talked about for years. As far as your patience, your a far Better man that I am. No excuses business is business. I would demand pictures TODAY of the update. I don’t care if it’s flat acrylic sheets at this point, I would still want to see where my order is at this point and has he even started?? It’s a fair ? And you should be able to see how much, if any, product has he completed or even started so you make a decision. With that said, if you commit to a date and that day comes and goes then you need to pull the plug. This guy is stinging you along for sure.
Remember your CC company will have a hell a fight if you wait Too long and then file a claim.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build and definitely one that will be talked about for years. As far as your patience, your a far Better man that I am. No excuses business is business. I would demand pictures TODAY of the update. I don’t care if it’s flat acrylic sheets at this point, I would still want to see where my order is at this point and has he even started?? It’s a fair ? And you should be able to see how much, if any, product has he completed or even started so you make a decision. With that said, if you commit to a date and that day comes and goes then you need to pull the plug. This guy is stinging you along for sure.
Remember your CC company will have a hell a fight if you wait Too long and then file a claim.
Thanks! And agreed!

I’ll call him again today… another week gone by…

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Groundhog Day Yes GIF by Zoo Berlin

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
47BC7E51-B8E9-40D1-AA1B-A656595538B3.jpeg
6814519E-39B9-4602-B0F9-EEEAEC5E9B41.jpeg

15CAA527-85F9-4461-92BA-00C2A15294B1.jpeg

Building 3” cool schedule 80 PVC stuff tonight for the gravity skimmer feed! Gotta get that temp skimmer going… I have a 2” union in play so I can connect to it later with the big skimmer.

Thats a 400 gram fish food container for size reference.

I’m going to build the permanent top half of the drain and leave the bottom below the true union ball value temporary till I get my big sump.

Thank goodness plumbing parts are cheap right now… :confused:

Still stokes me out thinking of a gravity fed skimmer. Wanted one of those my whole life!! LOL

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Just incredible so much Fun to read. Took me a few days but got through all 99 pages.

so inspirational you are very talented and it’s going to be so much fun to watch this tank mature.

such A long journey, you should be proud and god bless your wife.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Just incredible so much Fun to read. Took me a few days but got through all 99 pages.

so inspirational you are very talented and it’s going to be so much fun to watch this tank mature.

such A long journey you should be proud and god bless your wife.
Thanks for checking out the build!

It’s been a blast to put together.

Just getting to the good part!! LOL

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking out the build!

It’s been a blast to put together.

Just getting to the good part!! LOL
It’s selfish but I’m glad I just found it, I didn’t have to wait like everyone else. It’s going to be great To watch this tank flourish. I visit Utah once a month on business. I would love to see it one day.

Back