Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today thanks to the courtesy of Dave I was able to see this monster in person.
This thing is just hard to describe. The way it drops below floor level and just the overall size is awesome.
Dave has a few fish in the tank but when he moves all of his fish in this thing will be public aquarium quality. His collection of fish and coral is amazing and I can’t wait to see them all in the big tank.

Thank you Dave for your hospitality

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today thanks to the courtesy of Dave I was able to see this monster in person.
This thing is just hard to describe. The way it drops below floor level and just the overall size is awesome.
Dave has a few fish in the tank but when he moves all of his fish in this thing will be public aquarium quality. His collection of fish and coral is amazing and I can’t wait to see them all in the big tank.

Thank you Dave for you hospitality
Call me jealous.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you Dave for your hospitality
Mike you are too nice! Great to meet you in person and show you the build at this stage!

Love what you are doing with your build too.

Fun to share some reef stories and ideas with you!!

Thanks for swinging by to check it out!! ;)

ReefOn brother!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D29858A4-6121-4718-A828-5B164D36FAA4.jpeg
4B138ADD-32AC-471F-BD68-4469842D8F14.jpeg

Just received this sweet gift from an amazing friend. Jonathan you are a good man!!

It’s been in the system for about 3 minutes in the first picture and 10 minutes in the second.

So stoked!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, what I wouldn't do to have a right sized tank for my Vlamingi (I had to re-home from my 180...)

truly impressive entrepreneur you are....
Love seeing the big tangs swim using their full body strength... at the beginning of that video you can see how graceful and fast they are when given some room to stretch out.

Thanks for checking it out!

TwinTurboSnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love seeing the big tangs swim using their full body strength... at the beginning of that video you can see how graceful and fast they are when given some room to stretch out.

Thanks for checking it out!
Incredible! My only question, do you have a home CFO you had to run this by first? If so, how did you convince them.

Best,

Someone who has a budget placed on them.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! My only question, do you have a home CFO you had to run this by first? If so, how did you convince them.

Best,

Someone who has a budget placed on them.
When I was a kid visiting public aquariums I always thought I would build one of those big concrete tanks one day. Then later on in the hobby when people would come look at my reef I would always say I wanted to build a big tank one day.

When I was dating my wife I talked of building a cool tank in the wall one day that would take up a whole wall. I set the groundwork early and often enough that once we had the spot and resources it was an easy close. LOL

My recommendation is to anchor high and early, mention it along the way then plan for making it all come together!

Oh and have a CFO that also has a cool hobby. You should see my wife's collection of musical instruments!!

Hope that helps!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

TwinTurboSnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a kid visiting public aquariums I always thought I would build one of those big concrete tanks one day. Then later on in the hobby when people would come look at my reef I would always say I wanted to build a big tank one day.

When I was dating my wife I talked of building a cool tank in the wall one day that would take up a whole wall. I set the groundwork early and often enough that once we had the spot and resources it was an easy close. LOL

My recommendation is to anchor high and early, mention it along the way then plan for making it all come together!

Oh and have a CFO that also has a cool hobby. You should see my wife's collection of musical instruments!!

Hope that helps!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Exactly the advice I was hoping to get :). Beautiful builds :)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard of Bill Wann doing this to SOOO many people. Just scummy business practices.

Did you pay a deposit or the full amount? When are you going to contact a lawyer?
It’s so disappointing. I’ve been strung out another 7 weeks with no response.

There has been a few folks that have reached out to file a class action lawsuit but so far I’d rather try and get the gear. Without him communicating I may be forced into this option.

We have attorneys on retainer at work that are ready to help. They are aware of the situation and I have the approval to move forward with them at any time. I was just hoping Bill would send the stuff.

He required all upfront for the “custom gear” he was building and I felt added pressure to get him the money because of his pitch about the supply issues and needing to order the PVC right away. He’s received $13,500 without delivering any gear that he promised.

I’ll reach out again today…

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back