Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so disappointing. I’ve been strung out another 7 weeks with no response.

There has been a few folks that have reached out to file a class action lawsuit but so far I’d rather try and get the gear. Without him communicating I may be forced into this option.

We have attorneys on retainer at work that are ready to help. They are aware of the situation and I have the approval to move forward with them at any time. I was just hoping Bill would send the stuff.

He required all upfront for the “custom gear” he was building and I felt added pressure to get him the money because of his pitch about the supply issues and needing to order the PVC right away. He’s received $13,500 without delivering any gear that he promised.

I’ll reach out again today…

You've been incredibly patient with the man. Life happens, fine. But to sit on the phone with you and promise you some gear the following week, then completely ghost you when it comes time is appalling behavior. This guy should not be embraced by the reefing community anymore, despite his considerable knowledge and contributions.

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new fish! It's starting to look a lot less bare in there . Have you been running the LEDs during the day at all? I can't tell if any algae has started to grow on the rock so am curious if they're on a schedule.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new fish! It's starting to look a lot less bare in there . Have you been running the LEDs during the day at all? I can't tell if any algae has started to grow on the rock so am curious if they're on a schedule.
No lights yet… just working through the cycle…

The lights are all dialed in and on the rack ready to go as soon as I put some corals in there …

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9595AE91-5A34-4125-B1EE-C56A7F01099D.jpeg

7/4/22
825/4437

Ca 485 / 425 41oz to 450
Alk 9.4 / 11.6
Mg 1260 / 1270
Salt 1.026/ 1.025
NH4 / 0
Nitrite / 0
Nitrate / 50

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the white tail acanthurus tang you have in the smaller tank in the vid you uploaded today

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you at all worried about the huge guys getting territorial given that they’re in the big tank first? Or figure it’s big enough to not have problems?

I think the fish in the 240 are getting jealous watching the huge tank across the hall!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you at all worried about the huge guys getting territorial given that they’re in the big tank first? Or figure it’s big enough to not have problems?

I think the fish in the 240 are getting jealous watching the huge tank across the hall!
So far they are all getting along great! The humpback Unicorn is chasing the Whitemargin Unicornfish a bit but everyone else is doing good.

I did pause when I put in the Sohal... he's usually the last fish I want to put in because of his aggressive nature but he's doing good too. (we will see what happens when I put in the clown tang, LOL)

They are jealous and are always looking with a long stare over there in the great vast big tank!! I'll get them all in there soon enough!! ;)

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lights yet… just working through the cycle…

The lights are all dialed in and on the rack ready to go as soon as I put some corals in there …
That's great to hear! Does it make sense to get the lights started before corals so you can mitigate any damage that an algal bloom could cause to them? The tangs would likely take care of it before it got too bad, but it maybe it's best to start it now so corals don't have to compete if algae starts up?

Back