Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear! Does it make sense to get the lights started before corals so you can mitigate any damage that an algal bloom could cause to them? The tangs would likely take care of it before it got too bad, but it maybe it's best to start it now so corals don't have to compete if algae starts up?
I hung some 5’ - T5’s for the fish viewing and I’m sure it will come with some algae.

I do like the idea of fighting through the algae stage without the corals in there!

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so disappointing. I’ve been strung out another 7 weeks with no response.

There has been a few folks that have reached out to file a class action lawsuit but so far I’d rather try and get the gear. Without him communicating I may be forced into this option.

We have attorneys on retainer at work that are ready to help. They are aware of the situation and I have the approval to move forward with them at any time. I was just hoping Bill would send the stuff.

He required all upfront for the “custom gear” he was building and I felt added pressure to get him the money because of his pitch about the supply issues and needing to order the PVC right away. He’s received $13,500 without delivering any gear that he promised.

I’ll reach out again today…
If you go class action..Im IN..; feels like i should join a BW support group...

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure someone's already asked this, but what method do you use to quarantine your livestock?
So far I have added fish from my existing system and from a friends existing system that have been around and super healthy for a few years.

New fish are going into a QT tank (40 breeder- on the floor under the 240 gallon) and observed for a month before putting them in the holding system then on to the big tank.

Eventually I will have the 240, 40, 2-20 gallons set up as the fish QT and a 90 cube set up for new coral frags to go into before they graduate to the big tank.

In short I try and buy used fish from my buddies that are taking their systems down. If I do but from a store they go to the 40 breeder for observation and medication should they need it.

I will eventually have a nice QT area set up in place of the 500 gallon holding bin.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6D4A6E90-BDA5-4D57-89CF-7BD8412D07B1.jpeg
1D70305A-F00A-4126-8D9D-CAC7A46DFA55.jpeg
A83C9938-1648-4FAD-BC43-50801885534C.jpeg
C0788149-B87B-47FF-9E2E-CAEECAE334A4.jpeg

Here are some pics of the bigs swimming around tonight in the tank…

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go class action..Im IN..; feels like i should join a BW support group...
With lots of respect and only In the spirit of friendship I really do think you’re holding out hope for no reason.

Dude; there is no gear for him to send you. It doesn’t exist. He hasn’t built it. Maybe he will maybe not but at some point a court could interpret the failure to recollect disfavorably I’d guess.

Certainly starting legal and recollection procedures won’t impede him building and sending the gear! What’s the downside…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With lots of respect and only In the spirit of friendship I really do think you’re holding out hope for no reason.

Dude; there is no gear for him to send you. It doesn’t exist. He hasn’t built it. Maybe he will maybe not but at some point a court could interpret the failure to recollect disfavorably I’d guess.

Certainly starting legal and recollection procedures won’t impede him building and sending the gear! What’s the downside…
I called and text him again today, no response. Such a bummer because I would much rather have the gear!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have all your livestock planned out? Have you ever shared a complete list? Curious what inverts you plan on stocking. Everything is really coming together now, congrats!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have all your livestock planned out? Have you ever shared a complete list? Curious what inverts you plan on stocking. Everything is really coming together now, congrats!
Thank you!

I'm basically going to just move over everything from the holding tanks to the big tank. I have another 30-40 or so fish in the 500, 240 and 200 bin. I may add some chromis, more coris wrasses and blennies then I should be close to what I will grow out for the next little while.

I'll have to make a list of the fish in the big tank once I add what I have already. (hard to see everything in the 500 & 200 bins)

I have another 15 or so big tangs (in the 500 & 240) then the rest are little fish like hawkfish, clowns, damsels, wrasses and stuff like that.

I have cleaner shrimp, urchins, brittle stars, lots of snails. I have a harlequin shrimp in the 500 if he's still alive. Little gun shy with the urchins... don't want them to get hungry and eat the silicone or epoxy... we will see...

I'll make a list as I put new fish in the 5K. Here is what is in there so far:

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll make a list as I put new fish in the 5K. Here is what is in there so far:
From the conversation and your list so far, you're into Bigs. Any chance you'll bring in a school of something? I could see a shoal of some kind of cardinals. Any one of Flame, Blue Eye, or Gold Stripe could be cool.

shakygator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few days to go through 90% of this thread and I kept watching the dates thinking the equipment would SURELY show up by the time I got to the end. I am very disappointed that was not the case (as I'm sure you are too).

Looking forward to following the rest of the saga...

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few days to go through 90% of this thread and I kept watching the dates thinking the equipment would SURELY show up by the time I got to the end. I am very disappointed that was not the case (as I'm sure you are too).

Looking forward to following the rest of the saga...
Thanks for checking it out! I will reach out again this week to see if we can link up on the gear.

It's difficult not having the right gear to kick off the build but I'm glad it's cycling and the fish are healthy so far.

I started vodka / vinegar dosing last week and look forward to dropping the Nitrates here soon!! I'll test this week and see how we are coming along... ;)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing?
A fifth a night and the tank gets anything that he spiils while pouring. LOL that is how you roll when you are living large. Just kidding! Tank envy from me that's all LOL! Looking great.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing?
Right now 20ml of each and increasing that over time...
A fifth a night and the tank gets anything that he spiils while pouring. LOL that is how you roll when you are living large. Just kidding! Tank envy from me that's all LOL! Looking great.
LOL, It's a loose effort to be exact on my portions at this point... I use the cheapest stuff I can find!! I always joke around saying one for me and one for the tank but I'm more of a Mtn Dew drinker so the tank gets it all! LOL :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back