Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so disappointing. I’ve been strung out another 7 weeks with no response.

There has been a few folks that have reached out to file a class action lawsuit but so far I’d rather try and get the gear. Without him communicating I may be forced into this option.

We have attorneys on retainer at work that are ready to help. They are aware of the situation and I have the approval to move forward with them at any time. I was just hoping Bill would send the stuff.

He required all upfront for the “custom gear” he was building and I felt added pressure to get him the money because of his pitch about the supply issues and needing to order the PVC right away. He’s received $13,500 without delivering any gear that he promised.

I’ll reach out again today…
Anyone have any updates on there situation? He hasstopped communication after my attempts to get a firm answer. Please contact me if anyone has started action ; I need to hire legal help regretfully

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your insanity and ability to forge ahead makes following along super easy.
i feel confident in saying I speak for most people that stopped by and took the time to read through your journey.

we need more women in the world like your girl.
i think, she has more patience than you. which is amazing to say...

If i dug a hole in my basement, my wife would kick me into it.

:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
When I met my wife I was in college in a small townhome living with my brother Travis. I had a 8’ - 300 gallon reef tank in the sitting room… my brother had a 400 gallon shark tank in the kitchen on the island… :p

(She knew what I was when she picked me up!!)

She always says that my passion for the reef hobby was one of the reasons she was attracted to me. (As well as many other things I like to think, LOL ;))

She is the best gift I have ever received!!

She is super patient and always game for going big. Secretly it may be so she can push me in the hole with all my fish stuff one day and it all would fit!! LOL!! :)

Start small, then increase each tank in length, width & depth… then after 41 years of saltwater fish/reef keeping your tank will be a good size… LOL!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AC1A9469-06C5-4BBE-B4C3-B1930E064403.jpeg
A6CA8E2D-0370-4182-A5F6-BB0EE50FC68C.jpeg

This is the sump for the holding system, some of these have clove polyps on them so I’m not putting them in the big tank… clam is clean and ready to go in!!

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply an amazing build. It took me two days to catch up on it.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with Bill. I ordered things from him over 2 years ago and never received them. Clearly not your scale, the amount was only a few hundred dollars, which I chalked up to a bad investment. I agree with you his stuff is of great quality and works really well.

I was wondering about your Gapper. How much water can you get out of it before you have to replace all the media?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply an amazing build. It took me two days to catch up on it.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with Bill. I ordered things from him over 2 years ago and never received them. Clearly not your scale, the amount was only a few hundred dollars, which I chalked up to a bad investment. I agree with you his stuff is of great quality and works really well.

I was wondering about your Gapper. How much water can you get out of it before you have to replace all the media?
I’m still going at 0PPM, I’m over 6k gallons easy of water produced. It’s amazing really!! It has an auto back flush feature once every hour which is keeping the media clean and efficient. Love it!!

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still going at 0PPM, I’m over 6k gallons easy of water produced. It’s amazing really!! It has an auto back flush feature once every hour which is keeping the media clean and efficient. Love it!!
What are the two blue canisters off to the side? I'm hoping I can stop buying Anions and cat ions from BRS. The Anions smell really bad, and the wife complains. Also, do you get 0 TDS right out of the gapper? I think this could save a lot of money; I don't get but a few hundred gallons before switching all the filter media out.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the two blue canisters off to the side? I'm hoping I can stop buying Anions and cat ions from BRS. The Anions smell really bad, and the wife complains. Also, do you get 0 TDS right out of the gapper? I think this could save a lot of money; I don't get but a few hundred gallons before switching all the filter media out.
The two canisters are DI resin canisters for polishing the water… I’m still getting 0 TDS out of the gapper but did add the DI chambers when I purchased it…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7977C477-65AD-4A6B-B991-B0FE87E7801A.jpeg
A3C8AE79-DD41-4015-996E-3931F32CEF49.jpeg
E259ED22-6294-4886-A9A2-429BB0F80B6B.jpeg
9E77D5E2-18A4-48B6-BC8D-8B5252F11A15.jpeg
98697587-9056-4D61-A620-775E48838FB3.jpeg

Got the sumps moved around. The 240 fits against the right hand side wall… slides just right of the 500 bin back to the corner but viewable above the 500… just waiting for some muscle to move it into place. Got a lot done. This should hold me over till I can get the big permanent sump built right behind the tank.

I’ll work on plumbing these together on Thursday if I get the chance.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a fantastic build. Just got through all of it. Wow! Thanks for taking the time to document all this. Great read.

I also showed it to my wife -- this thread is a great tool to put into perspective my occassional equipment and coral binges.

Great idea. I'm going to tell my wife I want to buy a nano tank. Only 150 gallons!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a fantastic build. Just got through all of it. Wow! Thanks for taking the time to document all this. Great read.

I also showed it to my wife -- this thread is a great tool to put into perspective my occassional equipment and coral binges.
Love helping ease the rub of this hobby with our significant others!! LOL

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back