Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C330649B-73A1-4B17-BE1A-5DDF35EDBCE4.jpeg
7D89B925-B485-4092-8375-3401BFFE4117.jpeg

I know it’s overkill on the rebar spacing but I only want to do this once!
How do you bend rebar like that?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following. Have you poured any concrete walls before? I rent concrete forms for a living and most people don't realize how much pressure you will have at the bottom if there's 10' of liquid head.
Thanks for your note!

No, I haven't. It's a bit intimidating but my concrete pump guy and a local fish enthusiast/concrete guy are coaching me along. Plan to build the outside walls tonight, fit the rebar cage to the center then bolt down the walls and get to bracing them all up.

What are your thoughts on screwing in the baseplates to the new concrete floor (the screw holes will be inside the tank)? Or should I just brace them up with supports pushing down from the floor joists above? Or both?

jhawksoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your note!

No, I haven't. It's a bit intimidating but my concrete pump guy and a local fish enthusiast/concrete guy are coaching me along. Plan to build the outside walls tonight, fit the rebar cage to the center then bolt down the walls and get to bracing them all up.

What are your thoughts on screwing in the baseplates to the new concrete floor (the screw holes will be inside the tank)? Or should I just brace them up with supports pushing down from the floor joists above? Or both?
Sent you a message

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dca22anderson what do you estimate, how much long until this project will be completed?
Very exciting build!
Thanks for sharing !
It’s 28 days of cure time once the walls are poured (hopefully next week) then a little longer for epoxy and windows to cure so I’m planning on 60 days or so!

Back