Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13E4FDDA-D9E4-497B-BAC9-5D577FCC52AD.jpeg

Building some stacks while watching the football game…

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that may lose integrity
Love the idea! These holes are way bigger than the AquaBlox already. I’ll be using three points of contact for each rock zip tied to the crates, if needed I will also use some Emarco400 to bond any pieces that need it…

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the idea! These holes are way bigger than the AquaBlox already. I’ll be using three points of contact for each rock zip tied to the crates, if needed I will also use some Emarco400 to bond any pieces that need it…
Might help with any aggression between the larger fish if they can escape then

JSmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible build! I’m so impressed with the great lengths taken and looking forward to the rest of the journey, all the best to you!

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are new plastic, not recycled, have used them for skimmer platforms/stands in past systems without any problems… many people use their new plastic containers to hold their water for water changes too… fingers crossed but pretty sure they will work perfectly… anyone ever have any problems with them??
I've seen the same as well (skimmer stands, QT tanks, etc.), but wasn't sure if most are made from the same type of plastic or if there is a wide variety. I typically see/use polyethylene tanks for water storage.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the same as well (skimmer stands, QT tanks, etc.), but wasn't sure if most are made from the same type of plastic or if there is a wide variety. I typically see/use polyethylene tanks for water storage.
I'm learning that the recycled plastics are the ones to watch out for... ;)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of BB because of the depth and the flow required to house SPS. Still open for options but will run it and see how it goes before adding any type of sand. I have run sand in a hidden box for the wrasses to sleep in over the years... that I will do...

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of BB because of the depth and the flow required to house SPS. Still open for options but will run it and see how it goes before adding any type of sand. I have run sand in a hidden box for the wrasses to sleep in over the years... that I will do...
Larger size like calcium reactor media should be fine for flow

Back