Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they will not be happy having to move out of the tank again.
Put in 8 Koi and 5 goldfish for a few days.. now I'm catching them and returning them to the 240gal holding tank next to the big tank. Cool to see them interact with the reef stack but they are not as agile as SW fish, they are scraping up their heads on the sharp reef rock... they prefer smooth boulders in their ponds ;)

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6068ED8F-8E42-43B8-9886-8DBE29189B7A.jpeg
B23E1E33-D9C5-4328-ABE0-19F476F28A94.jpeg
F5E357BE-7AE6-4190-8D84-E8CD7DD0102E.jpeg

Couldn’t help myself while I wait for all the filtration gear and the overflow… needed something to look at in there for a few weeks
keeping this a koi tank would be the biggest bait and switch ever seen in the hobby

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21 DAYS!!! Don't tell me we won't have an update for three more weeks! LOL

Looking great. Must have been cool to see the fish in it even if they couldn't stay. Have to say, they did look like goldfish in that monster! What's next while you wait for the overflows to dry?

Steve

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21 DAYS!!! Don't tell me we won't have an update for three more weeks! LOL

Looking great. Must have been cool to see the fish in it even if they couldn't stay. Have to say, they did look like goldfish in that monster! What's next while you wait for the overflows to dry?

Steve
Going to start on the fish holding system move then the filtration room and header… ;)

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how much has your humidity increased since adding water? UT is naturally fairly dry right?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how much has your humidity increased since adding water? UT is naturally fairly dry right?
Not too bad yet but have the exhaust fan going and window cracked for fresh air flow. Looking into a whole house HRV/ERV system and a dehumidifier. Yes it’s a dry climate, cold right now but dry!

Just let us know when you need us to assemble -- pitchforks in hand -- and head over to Aquarium Engineering to make our product delivery demands known? :)
Talked to Bill this week and he’s going to get the overflow and sump going. Said he got his shipment of PVC so hope he works fast! Thanks for the offer LOL!!

Very impressive build . Is there a video for the finished concrete with water ?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Was cool to see some life in that monster, even if it was only temporary,

Has it been 21 days yet? Need to see this thing all the way full.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Wonder how long it would take to fill if sticking to the stocking rule of 1-2 fish every couple weeks .

is this size ok to add a tang or 2 ?

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how long it would take to fill if sticking to the stocking rule of 1-2 fish every couple weeks .

is this size ok to add a tang or 2 ?

i think one of the smaller tangs would be alright in this size tank. A bristletooth or smaller zebrasoma. Nothing too large though.

;):D

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think one of the smaller tangs would be alright in this size tank. A bristletooth or smaller zebrasoma. Nothing too large though.

;):D
Even they will get too big eventually but getting them small you'll get a few years and then trade them

Back