Andre’s Full blown 300Gallon SPS Reeftank up within a week ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Filter system almost completed and return and supply connected.
Still some changes to be done, the silicone hoses do not behave as expected and the height underneath is less then I thought.......
Well, these are the lil things we all deal with as they come up ;-)

Keep in mind I will bring this tank up and running quick and almost in manual old school way, and will fine tune and upgrade the system with all the stuff I have in tons of boxes over the next weeks ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here the return line going through the UV unit back to the tank........
In future this UV will be mounted on a sliding element for easy access and mainteance.

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, actually the tank is not at it's final position ;-(

But I have to get my tank back up and running to get the corals back. At a later point of the built, I will relocate this beast within the room.

So I will either flooring in the final position or carpet around the tank.

That makes sense but that's a lot of work. No way to keep the corals in a trough until the room is complete?

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tank yesterday evening finally filled up and running.
Amazing results on the pump flow increase from the tubing compared tp the prior hard piping !!!

autounionag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind sharing your full process of biodigest? How much, how often, when to do the first water change, and will it still take at least 18 months until the tank is mature for sps? Seems like a lot of the other pros like to mix live rock.

Can’t wait to see more!!!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build!
The best play by play ever!!
Working on it !!!! Like to include plenty of pictures.....

Remember this is sort of a first shot on the setup, the final setup is after the move of the tank. So I can test and try the build, flow, equipment location etc.
But some stuff is temporary piped/hosed or installed ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind sharing your full process of biodigest? How much, how often, when to do the first water change, and will it still take at least 18 months until the tank is mature for sps? Seems like a lot of the other pros like to mix live rock.

Can’t wait to see more!!!
Nah, I'm more thinking to be ready for all my SPS in a week or so...........
Just put some SPS in today to see how they are doing.

Right now the high alkalinity prevents me from bringing in more SPS and corals.
Due to the fresh setup, the ALK is at 10 to 10.5 roughly.
Won't add my SPS back in above 8.5/9

Due to this fact I also added Nitrates (since it was almost 0) and some oyster feast so the bacteria has something to work on, lol.
I will write a bit more how I use the Biodigest and set up the biology.

I only use Biodigest since I use that for many tanks where people have issues with bleached corals, high nitrates, low phosphate,..... imbalance in bacteria biology and I helped them to get their tanks back on track.
I talk a lot in my small e-book about it. Biodigest is my personal #1 bacteria mix for issues, hence I use it for this startup as well. I believe it will provide me a nicely balanced bacteria biology that you really want for a stable tank system.

-Andre

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just todays status prior I leave to bed.......
Picked up my Nitrate Reactor and connected it but will relocate it a bit better in the next days.
I have 4 of my SPS frags in there to see how they like it ;-)

With so much flow available from the main pump, I can run an auxiliary header to supply water to reactors and the CARX too if not going peristaltic.

Also I prepped everything for the contractors return tomorrow. Not much to do in this room so I hope this will do the job with covering.

Back