Andy's 45 gallon starfire SC Aquariums skimmerless build 24"x20"x20"

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my plan Jackie. If I can free up some time....Lol I think that would be the ticket! The issue is retro fitting them on to the Radion to look good and be functional.
+1 A local friend of mine did this over a 57g cube and it looked good. At least it didn't jump out in your face and say look at me LOL. When he gets home from work tomorrow I'll ask him what he used.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well his ears must have been burning because he messaged me. And now I remember what he did. He created a box barely big enough to fit the T5 and the Radeon in flanking it with Coral Plus. He attached the Radeon to cross bars and the end caps to crossbars at each end and painted it black so it wasn't noticeable. He moved the hangers on to the Box. Something like my crude drawing here this is probably off a bit but I think you'll get the idea.
da71e5207e810f7c571d4613690ec150.jpg

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that you want that hanging from your gorgeous ceiling however do you? If not what about something that works like a floating shelf? If you used really lightweight thin material it should be okay. @Mike&Terry might have some great ideas on that one since they have a huge one ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's pretty simple. All lights off with camera set up on a tripod at the subject. I then set the desired ISO after shining my blue LED on what coral I'm taking a pic of.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back