Anemone care/requirements

mamareef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am really wanting a long tentacle anemone for my clowns… I have a new tank but it is showing good signs of stability. I have some mushrooms and a duncan. 2 clowns. I am just thinking it would be nice to get the anemone in soon to then work around it with adding corals. Though.. LTAs are sand dwellers so maybe they wouldn’t mess with my corals on rocks? What’s the recommendation for getting one of these guys in a new tank?
Thank you!!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say dont get one in a new tank.
Let us know how new, what light, how big a tank.
Water stablity is the key. The abiltiy to treat it with cipro if it is sick in a QT tank is also something to think about.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with real ocean live rock and put an LTA in after one month. It’s healthy and doing well. If you used dead rock, you may need to wait at least six months. Yes, they are sand dwelling but mine got huge quickly and is now stinging corals and taking up a ton of space.
It was about 3” in the store and is now 6-7” now that it’s comfortable. Something to consider before adding one.

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my tank up and 4 weeks added a BTA and 2 weeks later added a LTA will say LTA get big. My LTA at first moved a lot for 2 days till it found a spot I had to pull frags out and wait for it to settle cause it was messing up my frags by stinging them. If you have coral in place just be careful watch your coral. my nems have done great so far still keeping an eye on them.

BTW I don't mix anemones but in my circumstance I have 3 tomato clowns, 2 dominos and they where over crowding my bubble tip hosting it so I looked for a BTA but couldn't find any big enough so I took a chance with the LTA. Once my new set up is done cycling I will be moving the BTA and Clowns to a BTA tank once set up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back