Anemone carrying ich?

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately, my fox passed tonight whatever ailment it had when i aquired it he sadly couldnt beat it with meds. That aside, I had a couple snails in the same tank that were removed when i saw traces of ich on the fox and put them into a fishless QT with a bta. Question is how long would I need to QT my bta now that those snails possibly brought ich into that tank? Or should I just separate after bleaching all equipment on 2nd QT?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Likelihood of inverts bringing ich is low but not impossible
Allow that tank to go fallow- NO FISH FOR 45-60 days.
Now is a good time to maintain a quarantine tank

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likelihood of inverts bringing ich is low but not impossible
Allow that tank to go fallow- NO FISH FOR 45-60 days.
Now is a good time to maintain a quarantine tank
Thankfully that fox was in a QT from the get go, w/e killed it did it fast. I think it was already too far with the disease before i got it. Still no clue what it is, started with a white patch, then that patch came off leaving ulcer that slimed up, yesterday he died and that white patch appeared on the opposite side of its body too.
But yeah, ill just QT the bta and snails for 45 days or so, they ok with that rock with them or should i remove?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thankfully that fox was in a QT from the get go, w/e killed it did it fast. I think it was already too far with the disease before i got it. Still no clue what it is, started with a white patch, then that patch came off leaving ulcer that slimed up, yesterday he died and that white patch appeared on the opposite side of its body too.
But yeah, ill just QT the bta and snails for 45 days or so, they ok with that rock with them or should i remove?
Sounds like secondary bacterial

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back