Anemone expelling zoo

Joacub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two anemones, one split and are doing fine they are rose bubble tip and rainbow the rainbow one is doing every night like poop or expelling zoo is like hard brown almost black and after that is shrinked the color is ok and appears is not loosing color at all I don’t know if is ok or is ajusting to the light she is in the top of the tank and is getting a lot of light, she don’t wanna move is also getting a lot of flow and the clown is there always, in the day is inflated amd looks good not as good as have to be if is not in that strong foe but she don’t wanna move. Is ok to expel zoo or I have to worry about?

parametters are super stable and not big changes, running a refugium and clean up crew. Lights are radions x30 g5 in a ab+. 10 and 30 minutes a day

sorry for my bad English.

image.jpg F52BB0F1-6DCC-4BB0-B42B-02F546BADCAE.jpeg

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,welcome to the reef,
sounds normal to me nems poop,and open and close regularly ,they will move if not happy,
they look good to me,but if you still think or see a problem ,let us know here,we can call some experts.. :)

OP
OP
Joacub

Joacub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,welcome to the reef,
sounds normal to me nems poop,and open and close regularly ,they will move if not happy,
they look good to me,but if you still think or see a problem ,let us know here,we can call some experts.. :)
Thanks for the welcoming. Is doing that every night. So you think is normal.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes ,sometimes even 2x a day, long as reopens and looks normal ,i would not worry... :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
2X per day would be excessive and mine every three days. Although not of harm, assure your lights are not to bright . These are photosynthetic and will expell if receiving too much light.
MODERATE LIGHT AND WATER FLOW

OP
OP
Joacub

Joacub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2X per day would be excessive and mine every three days. Although not of harm, assure your lights are not to bright . These are photosynthetic and will expell if receiving too much light.
MODERATE LIGHT AND WATER FLOW
She go there by her self, was hide and move there. I was thinking in slowdown the flow and the light but I’m thinking in put sps corals so I do not want to change the envio rement in the future and keep everything stable. Lights are in 50% schedule. Is probably getting like 350-400 par maybe less I don’t now at 50% how much par radions send at that deep. What I see in videos is 400 at 100% so probably 200-250 i don’t really know. If she is unhappy there why do not move ?

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems will also "purge" themselves to get acclimated to their new homes. If it is recovering and looking healthy after doing this I would say it is normal behavior and it's just fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
She go there by her self, was hide and move there. I was thinking in slowdown the flow and the light but I’m thinking in put sps corals so I do not want to change the envio rement in the future and keep everything stable. Lights are in 50% schedule. Is probably getting like 350-400 par maybe less I don’t now at 50% how much par radions send at that deep. What I see in videos is 400 at 100% so probably 200-250 i don’t really know. If she is unhappy there why do not move ?
They move on their own when not happy

OP
OP
Joacub

Joacub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems will also "purge" themselves to get acclimated to their new homes. If it is recovering and looking healthy after doing this I would say it is normal behavior and it's just fine.
Yep is alway after that in good shape. This is how looks now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Joacub

Joacub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the help, I notice that probably the issue was the light times, was running ab+ for 10 so probably was a sing of bleaching is starting. I cut off 2 hours am this time the anemone do not expelled any zoo. And shrink less.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back