Anemone foot injured by powerhead

Hollington37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A rather large anemone I have was moving a month and a half ago and got caught by a power head and got a good bit of tentacles chopped off and i think it got its foot really bad, I moved it to a smaller tank I had and moved its clown as well because it was just getting pushed around by the flow, since then all of its tentacles have regrown and it looks much better but it can’t seem to grab onto anything with its foot. Will the foot reheal or is the anemone bound to aimlessly roll around for the rest of it life?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Type of anenome would help. Pics would also be great for my personal inquisitiveness.

Foot injuries normally lead to a Quick deterioration in health leading to death.

I'm happy to hear that yours did not. As the tentacles have regrown, continue doing what you're doing. It should regain the functionality of the foot in time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hollington37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Type of anenome would help. Pics would also be great for my personal inquisitiveness.

Foot injuries normally lead to a Quick deterioration in health leading to death.

I'm happy to hear that yours did not. As the tentacles have regrown, continue doing what you're doing. It should regain the functionality of the foot in time.
Its starting to close up for the evening since the lights are nearing night time but, from what I’ve researched it would be a condy, but to me the tentacles are too thick to be a condy, yet it has an orange base and the clown refuses to leave it except if he sees food. Which is also why I don’t think it’s a condy.

Attachments

• 2DF23843-6935-4F5B-8019-525CDCC058E8.jpeg
    2DF23843-6935-4F5B-8019-525CDCC058E8.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct. Clowns generally will not be hosted by a condy. They are not, a naturally hosting species, and their sting is powerful enough to incapacitate most clowns.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hollington37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct. Clowns generally will not be hosted by a condy. They are not, a naturally hosting species, and their sting is powerful enough to incapacitate most clowns.
I was thinking it was a long tentacle anemone, before the incident it was about 10 inches around with long fat tentacles, but after it got cut up it shrunk a lot and had “scars” all in the base and only a few tentacles out of the many it had were still intact, I thought it would surely be dead but it was closed up so I didn’t take it out right then but the next day it was opened partially and when I reached in to move it, it closed back up. So I decided to put it in the smaller tank. After letting it sit in the smaller tank, it opened up and started regrowing but like I said it cant use its foot anymore. So it just opens wide on the sand bed during the day and closes up at night and the clown stays in or on it at all times.

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it was a long tentacle anemone, before the incident it was about 10 inches around with long fat tentacles, but after it got cut up it shrunk a lot and had “scars” all in the base and only a few tentacles out of the many it had were still intact, I thought it would surely be dead but it was closed up so I didn’t take it out right then but the next day it was opened partially and when I reached in to move it, it closed back up. So I decided to put it in the smaller tank. After letting it sit in the smaller tank, it opened up and started regrowing but like I said it cant use its foot anymore. So it just opens wide on the sand bed during the day and closes up at night and the clown stays in or on it at all times.
Let's try to get an ID for you. Tomorrow when the lights are on, flip to white only, and take a few pictures from different angles. Even if you can get pictures while it's closed up of the underside that would help determine if it is a LTA.

So long as it is continuing to progress, I wouldn't change anything for a bit.

Prior to the accident did it bury its foot, or hang on the rock?

Upvote 0

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its starting to close up for the evening since the lights are nearing night time but, from what I’ve researched it would be a condy, but to me the tentacles are too thick to be a condy, yet it has an orange base and the clown refuses to leave it except if he sees food. Which is also why I don’t think it’s a condy.
Need some more pics to ID for sure , but Condys do accept clowns , local petco has tons of Condys and I can always see the clowns swimming in them, it is not natural but neither are BTA

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Condylactus are mainly ornamental but ive seen clowns take to them- rare it is though . Allow the anemone to work itself off the power head and keep an eye on it. It will heal or go downhill. You will know.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hollington37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's try to get an ID for you. Tomorrow when the lights are on, flip to white only, and take a few pictures from different angles. Even if you can get pictures while it's closed up of the underside that would help determine if it is a LTA.

So long as it is continuing to progress, I wouldn't change anything for a bit.

Prior to the accident did it bury its foot, or hang on the rock?
Alright, it used to stay close to the bottom on the edge of the rock structure partially on the rock but mostly sand.

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back