OP
OP
Gotts6501

Gotts6501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an anemone expert, but that looks like a Fire anemone (Actinodendron sp.) to me. DO NOT TOUCH IT!
I'm leaning towards a beaded anemone but can't find a great deal about them, I've touched it a few times and not had any reaction

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards a beaded anemone but can't find a great deal about them, I've touched it a few times and not had any reaction
To be fair, you can pet a crocodile's nose a few times without getting bit, until the crocodile decides to bite you. I wouldn't push it without knowing exactly what you're dealing with ;Pompus

OP
OP
Gotts6501

Gotts6501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, you can pet a crocodile's nose a few times without getting bit, until the crocodile decides to bite you. I wouldn't push it without knowing exactly what you're dealing with ;Pompus
no I'm not planning to! the fire anemone from what I can find seems to present itself at times similar to how Kenya trees do, this doesn't.... I'm considering removing it from the tank but want to know what it is first

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gotta say, fire anemone as well. Which species, I have no idea.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I'm not planning to! the fire anemone from what I can find seems to present itself at times similar to how Kenya trees do, this doesn't.... I'm considering removing it from the tank but want to know what it is first
I think it does look like a fire anemone, if you check this link: http://www.wildsingapore.com/wildfacts/cnidaria/actiniaria/actinodendron.htm the first picture looks a lot like the picture you posted. I think the big bushy ones are just larger fire anemones

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the sting like?
To a human everyone has different reactions. I touch my nems (Carpet, bubble tips, LTAs) with my barehands and never had a reaction to them. Other people have had bad reactions to a bubble tip sting . It’s hard to say what the sting is like

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back