Anemone in new 15-gallon tank

J-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a 15-gallon bare bottom tank using media and rocks with coral from my established tank. I have a single lightning clownfish and I decided to bring over the anemone from the old tank to the new tank. The coral is doing great, and so was the anemone at first. For the past few days, it has been closed, but today it opened although it is smaller than usual. I fed it a little frozen food and it seems to have become more active. Since I transferred rocks and media from the established tank ( 1.5 years) is it okay to add the anemone at this time?

IMG_5043.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters and lighting equal in both tanks?

OP
OP
J-o

J-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly never test for parameters in my tank. I do weekly water changes, and everything is thriving, so I have not tested since cycling the original tank. The lighting in the established tank is the stock lights for a 32g biocube. The new tank is set up with an extra light I had from a previous tank. Its Hipargaro A029 nano reef tank light.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snip I have a single lightning clownfish and I decided to bring over the anemone from the old tank to the new tank. The coral is doing great, and so was the anemone at first. For the past few days, it has been closed, but today it opened although it is smaller than usual. I fed it a little frozen food and it seems to have become more active.

Since I transferred rocks and media from the established tank ( 1.5 years) is it okay to add the anemone at this time?
I'm not sure I understand the question. The first part sounds like you have already added the nem. The last part it sounds like you are asking if it's OK to add it. Sorry maybe I'm confused (it wouldn't be the first time) but are you asking if you should have done something that you have already done? If so I don't see the point of the question. If I'm misunderstanding I apologize, it was a long rough day.

OP
OP
J-o

J-o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I understand the question. The first part sounds like you have already added the nem. The last part it sounds like you are asking if it's OK to add it. Sorry maybe I'm confused (it wouldn't be the first time) but are you asking if you should have done something that you have already done? If so I don't see the point of the question. If I'm misunderstanding I apologize, it was a long rough day.
I already added the nem to the new tank. I was just wondering if it was a bad idea. It seems to be doing better now than it has been over the past couple of days.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it settle in and see how it does. It doesn't look bad. It will probably be fine once it adjusts. I would refrain from feeding until it decides where it want to stay. They really don't need fed if lighting is good, and even less so if a clown it hosting.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already added the nem to the new tank. I was just wondering if it was a bad idea. It seems to be doing better now than it has been over the past couple of days.
Without knowing parameters you're asking us to make random guesses. Typically stock lighting and the one you mentioned won't be strong enough for a nem. Things could have already been going downhill. With my nems it takes a while before they really show stress, not usually a day by day diagnosis.

Back