Anemone problem

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 rbt anemones. Today one was one a different side of the tank so I counted them because they usually only move around when one split. There were 9 so one definitely split. One minute they were all fine a few minutes later there was an empty spot. When I looked closer I found what looks like the foot of the nem still attached to the rock and the shrunken top on the sand bed a few inches away. It was about 8” and beautiful just a few minutes before. I don’t understand what happened. Here is a picture of the foot and then the upside down top. I put the top in a clay pot that was in the tank. It opened back up some
IMG_2559.JPG
IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2565.JPG

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've heard of one getting twisted in the currents that it wound up doing something like this ... but I'm far from a 'nem expert!

Hoping this guy (or these guys, as the case may turn out!) pulls through for you!

~Bruce

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time I've seen the foot left behind is when the nem is forcefully removed from the rock. Notice any rock shifts? Anyone else have access to the tank?

OP
OP
Tsev03

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time I've seen the foot left behind is when the nem is forcefully removed from the rock. Notice any rock shifts? Anyone else have access to the tank?

No one else was Home when it happened

OP
OP
Tsev03

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to start testing but I wanted to post pictures from this morning. The top part that looked terrible last night has moved to the top of the clay pot and is opened some. The foot part is still attached to the rock here is pictures of both
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2570.JPG

White lights are not on yet

OP
OP
Tsev03

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No rocks look like they moved.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very strange! I wonder if the foot will regrow? Glad to see the top looks happy....will be following along....

OP
OP
Tsev03

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top part of the anemone died. The bottom part doesn’t look good. It’s still attached to the rock. I’m thinking about trying to remove it. I have added extra carbon to the tank.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Sure what happened, but sounds like you are doing everything right. Sommetimes weird stuff happens and we dont figure it out

Back