Anemone will not stick to a rock, will not fully open, and keeps moving around the tank

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my anemone will not stick to a rock, will not fully open, and keeps moving around the tank; is this because I need to feed it? This is what it looks like, I will attach a picture.

Anemone.jpg

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my anemone will not stick to a rock, will not fully open, and keeps moving around the tank; is this because I need to feed it? This is what it looks like, I will attach a picture.

Anemone.jpg
No -- don't feed it. It can cause more problems. It's not opening and moving because it's stressed out about some conditions in the tank. How long has the tank been set-up? What lights are you using? Do you have any other anemones in the tank?

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my reef tank looks like, that's the lighting. The lighting is called Hipargero Aquarium LED Lights 30W. My tank has been up and running for three days, I put the anemone in on day two. No, there is only one anemone in the tank.

Reef Tank.jpg

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is very simple then. You've put this animal into a tank that is entirely unsuited to it. I have no clue if that light is sufficient as I've never heard of it, but the tank is certainly not sufficient at this time. You purchased or received an animal that you did no research on the proper way to house and give them a chance to live and thrive. Anemones need an established environment that is stable -- a 3 day old tank is not that. Do you have any idea what the ammonia and nitrite levels are at this time?

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your tank is too young for anemone. need to get all parameters stable and cycled.

auquaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take live stock back to the lps and let ur tank cycle or they will die so will ur clown fish [emoji225] turn ur lights off for a week and buy a fatty shrimp [emoji494] from local store clean it and shove it in ur sand bed remove after 3days and cycling ur tank will fully need 3 weeks then check levels and add live stock after a full cycle

auquaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I mean by clean shrimp is a light rise in water make sure it’s a raw shrimp no additives

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the responsible thing to do as a steward of these animals is to take them back to the store. The Anemone will certainly die and it's likely already to late for him, but exposing the fish to a torturous cycle where they will possibly die is irresponsible.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back