Anenome won’t stick

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this anenome for almost a week now when I got it after shipping its foot wasn’t sticky and the other one is fine the one I’m talking about it’s foot isn’t sticky at all and it keeps floating and It will stay on his head and I have to keep moving it on a rock and try to get it to stick it’ll stick barely but then It will just float away what do you think is causing this and how to help if I just let it float around it will die but I always have to move and position it on a rock hopping it will stay it never does I have shut off power heads also
55 gallon tank
Ph8
Nitrite0
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 2
Sg 1.25
Temp 78

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this anenome for almost a week now when I got it after shipping its foot wasn’t sticky and the other one is fine the one I’m talking about it’s foot isn’t sticky at all and it keeps floating and It will stay on his head and I have to keep moving it on a rock and try to get it to stick it’ll stick barely but then It will just float away what do you think is causing this and how to help if I just let it float around it will die but I always have to move and position it on a rock hopping it will stay it never does I have shut off power heads also
55 gallon tank
Ph8
Nitrite0
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 2
Sg 1.25
Temp 78
Pic would help. Try putting it in it's own box like a spaghetti strainer with a rock or something so it can rest without flow for long periods of time. Keep it in low light as well so you dont stress it out.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sold a lot of anemones and only recently had some tell me one of my anemones would not attach even after a few days. He was local so I exchanged it for him. Then I tested the water he returned the other one in, as I was curious why this one would not attach. It turns out his alk was substantially higher than mine. My alkalinity was 8.90 while according to my hanna tester his alk was 13.55. The difference may explain why it did not want to attach for him. I put it in a clear plastic food container with holes in it and it attached within 4 hours when back in my tank.
BTAs do not like big alk changes and often split shortly after being moved to a new tank. Alk swings contribute to splitting, not always though.
I will point out, anemones do better with more nitrate as it is a food source for them.

Back