Animals that DESTROY equipment! What could have done THIS?!

Have you ever had aquarium equipment damaged by livestock?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 42 15.6%
  • NO

Votes: 208 77.0%
  • Maybe now that you mention it

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters

kcschwabe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had to get rid of all of my big stone crab because they what me and my wife refer to as "butt barnacles" not sure of the scientific term, however, they are real and they are a form of barnacle. they are a parasite that live within the crab and cause it to be a zombie i.e.. controlled by the parasite ... we started finding the little brown spongey masses hanging off of their backside. which we weren't sure would spread to our blue crabs so we got rid of our little stoners. we currently have 5 baby stone crabs in random locations throughout our tanks no bigger than a quarter we have had them for almost a year and they have barely grown .. they grow so much slower than the blues... anyways moral of the story watch out for " butt barnacles "

if anyone is interested check this out

butt barnacles who'da thought

kcschwabe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure why it didn't print the link but the redirect notice takes you right to the zombie crab article

kcschwabe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure why it didn't print the link but the redirect notice takes you right to the zombie crab article

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back