Anirban 200G peninsula of smoothies

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking peninsula! Love the aquascape. Can't wait to see this filled with smoothies. Following along!

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Little update...

The tank is currently running without lights. I got all the lights I need. There will be 2 radion 4th gen XR30 Pro and 1 XR15 Pro supplemented with 4x54W T5s. I am almost done with the canopy currently waiting for the radion mounts.

The skimmer is finally dialled in and producing nice skimmate.

There are few brown spots now appearing all around the rocks so ugly stage is possibly setting in. I need to start the fuge soon.

In the mean time I built something interesting. As few of you may know I like and use siporax in my tanks but its very hard to find a way to pack them and clean them efficiently. So I was playing with eggcrate and find a nice way to organize the siporax. Here is a picture if anyone want to use it. They are quite tight fit and you can drop them almost anywhere in the sump.

20210227_191236.jpg

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update...

The tank is currently running without lights. I got all the lights I need. There will be 2 radion 4th gen XR30 Pro and 1 XR15 Pro supplemented with 4x54W T5s. I am almost done with the canopy currently waiting for the radion mounts.

The skimmer is finally dialled in and producing nice skimmate.

There are few brown spots now appearing all around the rocks so ugly stage is possibly setting in. I need to start the fuge soon.

In the mean time I built something interesting. As few of you mat now I like and use siporax in my tanks but its very hard to find a way to pack them and clean them efficiently. So I was playing with eggcrate and find a nice way to organize the siporax. Here is a picture if anyone want to use it. They are quite tight fit and you can drop them almost anywhere in the sump.

20210227_191236.jpg
"organize sipromax" I love it!

With the minimalist aquascape rock work I agree the need to fill the sump with something like this. The more "live" the better. Aside from the refugium, my sump is full of rock. I find it makes nutrient shifts much more smooth and predictable.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"organize sipromax" I love it!

With the minimalist aquascape rock work I agree the need to fill the sump with something like this. The more "live" the better. Aside from the refugium, my sump is full of rock. I find it makes nutrient shifts much more smooth and predictable.
I like the term "sipromax" or siporax with maximum effect.I completely agree with you. I always like minimalist rock in display so I fill my sump with rock bioballs and siporax. Right now I have bioball, rock and just added the siporax. I also have couple of pounds of Aquaforest reef bio fill which I dont change as recommended. I just keep them there and they work as bacterial housing. With this kind of siporax organization I can add a lot of siporax. I plan to take out the bioball eventually as then tend to disintegrate overtime. Once my fuge start growing I will slowly take them out. Also I have seen once siporax is seeded properly they can give any nutrition removal process run for their money. They just become too effficient.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anirban,
Your scape work is Killer!!

Like those ole Gen 4's as well.

Every time that I have called TSM, Matt is the guy that usually picks up the phone.

Have you been able to make contact?

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
Your scape work is Killer!!

Like those ole Gen 4's as well.

Every time that I have called TSM, Matt is the guy that usually picks up the phone.

Have you been able to make contact?
HI Freddie,

I saw your 25 likes just now...:p

I finally got in touch with Matt. He got a moorish idol, naso blonde and 4 lyretail anthias. Once I I got hold of him everything was smooth. They are great. I also got another moorish idol from divers den. That fish is great. He eats everything and always hungry. He finishes 2 nori sheets a day after eating 3 times frozen food.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI Freddie,

I finally got in touch with Matt. He got a moorish idol, naso blonde and 4 lyretail anthias. Once I I got hold of him everything was smooth. They are great. I also got another moorish idol from divers den. That fish is great. He eats everything and always hungry. He finishes 2 nori sheets a day after eating 3 times frozen food.
Lots of hugs to you Freddie my friend;Happy

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Freddie,

Lol
Just took the time to catch up on your build... :D

Glad that you're happy with TSM... :)

That's great news that DD's Moorish ate from day one... ;Woot ;Woot

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol
Just took the time to catch up on your build... :D

Glad that you're happy with TSM... :)

That's great news that DD's Moorish ate from day one... ;Woot ;Woot
Yeah, he eats like pig. I am confused the way he eats. Its like whatever you throw in there he will eat. My stupid baby copperband became his guide . He will guide him towards food and he will simply destroy them. Its funny to see how he trained him to wait for food where I drop them. The moment I am close to the tank they will come and wait for the food like dog. Actually the copperband can follow me all around the tank like a pet dog.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A quick and dirty picture of my stupid moorish idol. He was labelled as blemish in divers den because he lost his long dorsal fin. To my surprise I started to see a thin fin like thread coming out from the damaged dorsal fin. Then yesterday over the day it became longer and thinner. Now today morning I saw that thin thing is getting thicker. I tried to take a picture but that pig will not stay still at one place until I give him food. My guess he is growing back his dorsal fin. I am trying to capture the event on daily basis.

20210307_195912.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick and dirty picture of my stupid moorish idol. He was labelled as blemish in divers den because he lost his long dorsal fin. To my surprise I started to see a thin fin like thread coming out from the damaged dorsal fin. Then yesterday over the day it became longer and thinner. Now today morning I saw that thin thing is getting thicker. I tried to take a picture but that pig will not stay still at one place until I give him food. My guess he is growing back his dorsal fin. I am trying to capture the event on daily basis.

20210307_195912.jpg
Looks like you got a steal! At least for diver's den standards lol.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like you got a steal! At least for diver's den standards lol.
Lol. Nope. The other one did not make it. It was an orange fairy wrasse. Live aquaria shipped both of them without informing me and fedex delivered them late. The idol miraculously survived but the wrasse died within 12 hours. I thrashed liveaquaria about it.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Nope. The other one did not make it. It was an orange fairy wrasse. Live aquaria shipped both of them without informing me and fedex delivered them late. The idol miraculously survived but the wrasse died within 12 hours. I thrashed liveaquaria about it.
That sucks. I had a similar experience where they shipped something a different day by changing the date without informing me. Thankfully nothing died but when I let them know that it could be a problem for some customers the customer service person did not seem to care.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today is rant day.

The story starts like this. I bought 2 radion XR30 gen 4 pro recently from 2 gentlemen here. One of them lightly used and the other one brand new. They both are just over an year old. Both radions were mobius ready. I received them and immediately tested and both were in great shape. I was happy like a kid.

Fastforward, I have a reeflink which I use to program all my ecotech device and I like the flexibility although the connectivity is joke. I really don't like the mobius crap. My learned from my past experience that anything which connects through bluetooth is crap. I had a pacific sun doser and its nice piece of equipment but the connectivity was through bluetooth and it was crap. Now coming back to the point. I simply wanted to downgrade the firmware to make both gen4 pro compatible with reeflink. So, I downloaded the mobius app and start the down grade. First impression about the app and connectivity is crap. I dont understand why that thing can not stay connected with the app. I have bluetooth in my 8 years old car and it always pick up my phone 50 meters away but this app and light just can not stay connected even when I am 2 feet away. But that's not the problem. Both cases when I was doing the downgrading they lost connection. Now one of them almost finished it but the other one was stuck and started blinking red and white. Now I can not find them through mobius so I thought ok lets do hard factory reset on both of them. One of them was easy and did factory reset but the other was stuck blinking red and white.

Next I read online and decided to link them up with the ecosmart live connection manager and do it through USB. So, I connected them and none were detectable. At this moment I was irritated and simply filed an complain with ecotech. I received an email just before the end of day which asked me to do hard reset using the buttons which I already did even before the complain. Interestingly I receive another email saying the case is closed and rate our performance. I was angry but not enough so I lodged 2 more complains. Next day morning the same representative emailed me saying that the one with lights blinking need to send back for repair and the other one should connect to ecosmart live through USB. I told him that there was no issues before the firmware downgrade and if he thinks its a hardware issue. Then in next email he said I need to send back both the light for repair. Now at this point I was angry of the regular stupid answers and decided to think through the problem. I am scientist by profession and if my logic says something is wrong then generally its wrong. I read online that red and white blinking means there is an issue with firmware and the light need to reset.

I simply decided to check if the USB cable is fine or not. So, changed the cable and connected the lights. Boom... there is connection and both the lights set back to factory settings in a breeze. Then I connected them to ecosmart live and they connected immediately. The USB cable which came with the light was bad and caused this much trouble. Now, my question all of this could have been avoided if the representative simply work with me and asked me to check things like the USB cable. He was more interested in closing the case rather than fixing the issue or sending the lights back to them so that they can say this thing needs to be change. He did not even tried to diagnose the problem which I mentioned every time in the email.

So end of my rant. I understand these lights are premium but I think there customer service is becoming crap just like their mobius app.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today is rant day.

The story starts like this. I bought 2 radion XR30 gen 4 pro recently from 2 gentlemen here. One of them lightly used and the other one brand new. They both are just over an year old. Both radions were mobius ready. I received them and immediately tested and both were in great shape. I was happy like a kid.

Fastforward, I have a reeflink which I use to program all my ecotech device and I like the flexibility although the connectivity is joke. I really don't like the mobius crap. My learned from my past experience that anything which connects through bluetooth is crap. I had a pacific sun doser and its nice piece of equipment but the connectivity was through bluetooth and it was crap. Now coming back to the point. I simply wanted to downgrade the firmware to make both gen4 pro compatible with reeflink. So, I downloaded the mobius app and start the down grade. First impression about the app and connectivity is crap. I dont understand why that thing can not stay connected with the app. I have bluetooth in my 8 years old car and it always pick up my phone 50 meters away but this app and light just can not stay connected even when I am 2 feet away. But that's not the problem. Both cases when I was doing the downgrading they lost connection. Now one of them almost finished it but the other one was stuck and started blinking red and white. Now I can not find them through mobius so I thought ok lets do hard factory reset on both of them. One of them was easy and did factory reset but the other was stuck blinking red and white.

Next I read online and decided to link them up with the ecosmart live connection manager and do it through USB. So, I connected them and none were detectable. At this moment I was irritated and simply filed an complain with ecotech. I received an email just before the end of day which asked me to do hard reset using the buttons which I already did even before the complain. Interestingly I receive another email saying the case is closed and rate our performance. I was angry but not enough so I lodged 2 more complains. Next day morning the same representative emailed me saying that the one with lights blinking need to send back for repair and the other one should connect to ecosmart live through USB. I told him that there was no issues before the firmware downgrade and if he thinks its a hardware issue. Then in next email he said I need to send back both the light for repair. Now at this point I was angry of the regular stupid answers and decided to think through the problem. I am scientist by profession and if my logic says something is wrong then generally its wrong. I read online that red and white blinking means there is an issue with firmware and the light need to reset.

I simply decided to check if the USB cable is fine or not. So, changed the cable and connected the lights. Boom... there is connection and both the lights set back to factory settings in a breeze. Then I connected them to ecosmart live and they connected immediately. The USB cable which came with the light was bad and caused this much trouble. Now, my question all of this could have been avoided if the representative simply work with me and asked me to check things like the USB cable. He was more interested in closing the case rather than fixing the issue or sending the lights back to them so that they can say this thing needs to be change. He did not even tried to diagnose the problem which I mentioned every time in the email.

So end of my rant. I understand these lights are premium but I think there customer service is becoming crap just like their mobius app.
Mobius is always up and down

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a problem of Mobius with radion lights ? Because for pump like MP40 , it works like a charm for me ...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back