**!! Anniversary Livesale Oct 1st & 2nd, Giveaways, $5, $10, $15 corals, Win a Neptune Core20 pump!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown3589

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I may have time to play. I may be busy fixing a window...
IMG_20220924_084425118_HDR.jpg
Hurry up with that silly thing! Do you have a plan?

Stang67

Fastest on race day
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
@Jedi1199 @Gtinnel @Stang67 @billyocean @Mschmidt if any of you are interested in hanging out for a live sale come check this one out. Also, they're giving away a gift card for $30 that can be used during the sale (this weekend).
I would but I have a local swap to attend. Will share pix after and need to button up the hives before it gets too cold. May have a bit of summer honey to add to the stash.

tbrown3589

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would but I have a local swap to attend. Will share pix after and need to button up the hives before it gets too cold. May have a bit of summer honey to add to the stash.
She says "before it gets cold" as it's 110 here almost...

Mschmidt

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not sure why or how I missed this from a week ago. But thanks again.
Hurry up with that silly thing! Do you have a plan?
Plan a is burn the house down after getting the wife and dog to a safe distance.
Plan b is cut it back past the damage, hope and pray it doesn't go into the wall, replace the decking inside today. Insulate and support, and seal Friday. I'll support today if there is time. Sun goes down about 7, so 730 will be too dark for a lot of work. And got a Skype call with my sister and new nephew tonight.

OP
FirstChoice Aquatics

FirstChoice Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My favorite thing is getting to create my own aquascape and watching the fish swim around in what i have created.

least favorite is for sure losing corals and not knowing what the reason was… especially the expensive ones.
Aquascaping is also a favorite but it’s funny I hate designing stuff for our store personally but love designing for others and clients!

OP
FirstChoice Aquatics

FirstChoice Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Too bad you’re not giving away a dosing pump I could REALLY use one right now can’t keep my hand dosing consistent enough. I’ll get a pic of my tank to put on here later
Funny you say because that was one of the options as our big prize but we chose the pump instead. Hand dosing is tough especially if you not always staying on top of it or if your corals get to needy of Alk and calcium. Who knows maybe we will add another prize

OP
FirstChoice Aquatics

FirstChoice Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
One hour to go before we choose a winner!!! Those just seeing this if you comment your favorite and least favorite thing about reefing you will be entered in a FREE $30 gift card you can use during our Livesale!!!! winner will be chosen at 9 so let’s hear it!

wes84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Plan a is burn the house down after getting the wife and dog to a safe distance.
Plan b is cut it back past the damage, hope and pray it doesn't go into the wall, replace the decking inside today. Insulate and support, and seal Friday. I'll support today if there is time. Sun goes down about 7, so 730 will be too dark for a lot of work. And got a Skype call with my sister and new nephew tonight.
A can or two of Flex Seal. It’ll be fine.

allaboutcorals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My favorite thing about reefing is how rewarding all of the hard work and dedication can be. Nothing better than sitting back and watching a thriving tank. My least favorite part is all of that hard work…

OP
FirstChoice Aquatics

FirstChoice Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My favorite thing about reefing is how rewarding all of the hard work and dedication can be. Nothing better than sitting back and watching a thriving tank. My least favorite part is all of that hard work…
Haha we feel this especially when we have hundreds of tanks to care too!!!

Mschmidt

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Plan a failed to common sense. Plan b is in action. it took exactly my estimated time to get through what I had for today. I feel good about the progress and am hopeful for Fridays job.
One hour to go before we choose a winner!!! Those just seeing this if you comment your favorite and least favorite thing about reefing you will be entered in a FREE $30 gift card you can use during our Livesale!!!! winner will be chosen at 9 so let’s hear it!
I'm a huge fan of the rabbet holes that can be dove down, from coral husbandry, to fish, to water chemistry. So many ways to get swept up and avoid my responsibilities. Edit: also not trying to win anything. I'm here for the party.
A can or two of Flex Seal. It’ll be fine.
It was a little more damaged than that. now it's a little more sawn off than that as a fix. but that wouldn't be a bad idea for the gaps between panes.

OP
FirstChoice Aquatics

FirstChoice Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
congratulations you are the winner of our $30 giftcard please send us a Pm for your special code!!!

Aqua62

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are you looking to attend the same swap this weekend as myself. Besides trying to make some room in the tank for more corals and attending the swap, the day is pretty full. Might be able to make it later in the evening before it ends.

tbrown3589

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@FirstChoice Aquatics I made some DIY Aragocrete Reef Rocks for my tank. They've been soaking for a bit now and I finally started installing them. One was a sleeve to hide my PVC return line.

Big shelf
IMG_20220807_181924441_HDR.jpg

Moon rock, frog, dinosaur egg
IMG_20220802_163649010.jpg

Small shelf, sleeve, rubble and small cave
IMG_20220807_185154305.jpg

Teddy bear
IMG_20220805_162848594.jpg

The Teddy Bear, Moon Rock, Frog Rock, Dinosaur Egg, and sleeve are in the tank now. Rock rubble became a host to Zoas. Small shelf and small cave are probably going in later today. Large shelf needs a good spot.

I'll be making more in a couple of weeks! This time I'm planning on adding frag plug holes to the shelves. Maybe I'll buy some magnets and experiment with magnetic racks?

Can you identify clams?

• I can ID most types of clams

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I can ID a few types of clams

Votes: 61 28.2%
  • I can tell it’s a clam, but don’t know what type

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Wait, you can put clams in a saltwater aquarium?

Votes: 2 0.9%
RC