Announcement: My own-builded KH-machine is ready!

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by JonasRoman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. shiftline

shiftline Active Member

Looks awesome Jonas!

FOCUSTRONIC and JonasRoman like this.

2. JonasRoman

JonasRoman Well-Known Member

Thank you so much

3. BigJohnny

BigJohnny Valuable Member

@JonasRoman and @FOCUSTRONIC

Living in the united states, will pre-ordering the Alkatronic from Reef Pets get it to me faster than pre-ordering it from the focustronic website?

Thanks!

FOCUSTRONIC and JonasRoman like this.
  4. JonasRoman

I think Eric can answer best but I do think you should order from that channel you feels is most easy for you. The delivery time should not differ much at all:)

Jonas

FOCUSTRONIC likes this.
  5. BigJohnny

I guess it depends if reef pets is getting the units in advance of the release or when everyone else does, or if they aren't distributing them at all and it is shipped from focustronic regardless.

But Jonas, I want it ASAP lol.

6. JonasRoman

Understand:) we will as far as I can understand ship simultaneously this serie. As long as shop have ordered from us, they will get them at same time:)
    But I recommend you to also mail at
    Sales@focustronic.net and Eric can guide you who have detail info about how many units and in what direction we have in this batch:)

Thanks so much for interest and looking forward to hear from you when you got the unit :)

Regards
    Jonas

BigJohnny and FOCUSTRONIC like this.
  7. JonasRoman

Just to give you info about our attention to details and final work of all details. Some protecting cap for usb and BNC connections. (Will probably be black and not red by the way).
    And concerning the display: we will have a standby backlight which automatically turns to a darker hue, and when active it will shine up brighter.

Jonas

Ps: by the way. High demand of the units which encourage us very much and top of the list in the poll from aquanerd site:)
    Thanks all for that:)
    Jonas

31106F75-6F86-4FA9-AE8E-19AD7A4A2A1E.jpeg

BD49F828-E885-422B-8446-BF84E9F3A64A.jpeg

F325FE38-A395-4B43-9F00-11DF801205F3.jpeg

BigJohnny, fishbox and FOCUSTRONIC like this.
  8. Daniel Poh

Daniel Poh Member

what is the usb for?

fishbox, FOCUSTRONIC and JonasRoman like this.
  9. JonasRoman

Upgrade of fw(which also can be done wireless)

BigJohnny, fishbox and FOCUSTRONIC like this.
  10. JonasRoman

As a designer and constructer it is so fascination and a pleasure to get the final ex in my hand. So professional manufactured! And actually smaller in size than pictures says. I/we can release this High end product with 100% confidence to all of you now. High quality and high precision and top of the poll comparing to competitors.

Order at FOCUSTRONIC or at nearest shop and for distributors contact us through mail.

Distributors ready already in major part of the world and already high demand on the product. That is encouraging for our hard work.
    This is a revolution for the hobby we think:)

/Jonas Roman/Designer

19C5B582-677F-408A-AD6A-9525B9E48708.jpeg

728422E9-159B-4ABC-B6D3-1A273FD36E7C.jpeg

8854CF81-25C9-44B6-B0BF-72F54FE77655.jpeg

BigJohnny, acesq, fishbox and 2 others like this.
  11. TMB

TMB Active Member R2R Supporter

Awesome work @JonasRoman !! I'm waiting patiently for mine to arrive. An e-mail follow up from @FOCUSTRONIC as to the expected delivery time would be much appreciated by those of us who have placed orders.:)

Can't wait to get this on my tank and working!

acesq and JonasRoman like this.
  12. JonasRoman

Yes we Will announce by mail or similar when we have an exact shipping date. As we have said around end of december but of course we Will inform some before start shipping:)
    Thanks for yours and others purchase and all nice words about us and our works. That encourage us to continuously improve and also now very soon go over to the Dosetronic which will cooperate nicely with Alkatronic.

Happy reefing:)
    Jonas

BigJohnny and acesq like this.
  13. FOCUSTRONIC

FOCUSTRONIC Active Member

We will have an update in late Nov for a more accurate release date in Dec.

BigJohnny, ChiCity and TMB like this.
  14. JonasRoman

Some News/good info

As you know we have the lowest running cost on market due to our more concentrated reagent you dilute yourself.
    A running cost of only 8-10 USD/month which is almost half the cost comparing to existing competitors.
    So, I got questions if this dilution process you do yourself could decrease the accuracy of the machine and the answer is NO!
    The reason is that we do not have the principle of adding a fixed amount of water to a fixed amount of reagent , as that can cause quite much inaccuracy as user do not have so accurate instruments to measure.
    So our instructions, and I have wrote them in the user manual is instead to use SAME measure vial of 1000 ml to BOTH measure the reagent volume and water volume. The simple formula is to use 4 times more water than reagent and as you do this measurement with SAME measure vial, it will keep the perfect proportions between reagent/water, and thus it is not important that the measure vial is accurate, as long as you use the same.
    So simply do like this:
    Measure 4 litres of RO water and poure it down in a 5 litres clean canister
    Measure up with SAME cylinder, 1 liter of concentrated reagent and pour that into the 5 litres canister. Done!
    The precision of that solution will be very very close to the ready to use solution if you follow these instructions and thus you will NOT loose accuracy by using and mixing this concentrated reagent.

And FYI: We know people wants to have already now an exact start to shipping date. We work every day to make the final small details ready for you, for instance testing all functions and features once more. We keep the planned schedule fine. Soon the Alkatronic is in your home for those who have preordered and plan to order.

I will also soon coming up with a demo video of all functions and also some demo of the function to send the dkh value to a third part aquariumcomputer. We are fineadjust some details concerning that coming week.

Regards
    Jonas Roman

BigJohnny, Daniel Poh and fishbox like this.
  15. JonasRoman

Hello my friends

Here comes the Alkatronic tip of the day for all coming users, which with patience are waiting for their units, and coming customers, so some nice info until our very soon launching:)

We will include 2 test-vials, which you use when calibrate the pumps. No measure vial is 100% accurate, and the error can differ from ex to ex. The precision of the machine will not be affected by this as you use always same measure vials when calibrate, and as precision is the most important, this is not a problem. BUT, of course some user wants to sharp the accuracy also as much as possible, and then I have a tip where you so to speak one time for all "calibrate" you own personal measure vial, if you wants. I must again emphasis that this is not necessary if you do not want that, but for the perfectionist, I will tell how to do this.

If you can borrow, or maybe already have, a reasonable high precision scale, you can with RO-water simply measure up a known weight in the measure vial and look what it says in volume. If you for instance measure up 51.00 ml according to the measure vial lines, and read on the scale 50.00 gram, well then the measure vial is showing 2% too high. Thus, in this example, when calibrate the Alkatronic with exact this measure vial, take the readings*0.98 and you get the correct volume. Let us say that Alkatronic in the calibration process gives according to your measure cylinder 52.00 ml, then the true collected volume in the cylinder and that volume you shall type in the app is actually 51ml. But as I said, if you do not have a scale, don't worry, this is for the perfectionist who wants also the accuracy as good as possible. You only need the scale once of course, as long as you have same measure-cylinders all the time (which you of course have).

Jonas Roman/Designer

BigJohnny and Mandelstam like this.
  16. LobsterOfJustice

LobsterOfJustice Active Member

Is the preorder period over?

17. JonasRoman

Preorder is always possible through shops, distributors or from focustronics website:)

Prel shipping end of dec.

Regards
    Jonas

18. JonasRoman

BigJohnny likes this.
  19. BigJohnny

So awesome Jonas, I bet that's a great feeling to have the finished product in your hands. I remember when you first started your thread on building your own kh machine, it's come a long way! Looks great and I can't wait to get mine, now you need to hurry up on the dosetronic ; )

Congrats!

JonasRoman likes this.
  20. JonasRoman

Thank you so much for that words:)
    Yes as Soon as we start to ship Alkatronic, Dosetronic Will get focus. I have actually already started with algorithms and some basic things;-)

BigJohnny and fishbox like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted