Announcement: My own-builded KH-machine is ready!

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by JonasRoman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JonasRoman

JonasRoman Well-Known Member

Some tutorials concerning the regulating part of Alkatronic!

MartinWaite, Mandelstam and BigJohnny like this.

2. BigJohnny

BigJohnny Valuable Member

Great video Jonas. What feed pump are you using on that calcium reactor? Looks like a high quality pump that maybe we cannot get in the US normally.

JonasRoman likes this.
  3. JonasRoman

I am using an IKS vario blue II. I think there are many alternatives, but this is very reliable and from IKS, costs around 250 USD when I bought it 2 years ago. Many in Europe also use Grotech sp4800, but that was, at least in my hands, not so reliable, and actually higher price.

4. BigJohnny

Wow a continuous duty (24/7) peristaltic pump for $250? How often do you have to replace parts? I don't want to get too far off topic here but I think a lot of US reefers running calcium rx would be interested.

Chris155hp likes this.
  5. JonasRoman

And here an example of how socket react after a water change

BigJohnny likes this.
  6. JonasRoman

Only hose change every 6 month. :)

ChiCity and BigJohnny like this.
  7. BigJohnny

Awesome, I'll try one on my new calc rx if I can get shipped to US at reasonable price.

ChiCity, Chris155hp and JonasRoman like this.
  8. JonasRoman

It is really awesome seing the Alkatronic being an overlord over the dKH. Here I have deliberately settled the low ref value some higher to let the machine dose carbonate quite often, and in that way get a very stable dKH circled around only +-0.05dKh!

The values in graph to the left is some testing so ignore them, but values to the right is when I started to let Alkatronic sharpen the stability of dKH;-)!

The lcd shows here that it dosed a very small dose (4.7 ml) to do a small fine-adjustment. Attention to details;-)

And next measure will be done 23 pm by machine to further fine tune;-)

And, as you understand, we are working 24/7 to finalise all the details for coming delivery of the first machines:)

Jonas

D835F2E7-88F1-4984-8C51-5F871F85F777.jpeg

E2BD0D5E-27A4-4296-B73B-308C9E09BE81.jpeg

1694FAD6-0540-4B28-B5BB-3E1A30DF0113.jpeg

BigJohnny likes this.
  9. BigJohnny

@FOCUSTRONIC @JonasRoman

Got any news on the ship dates yet? I saw GHL's KH Directors will be shipping December 11th and it made me antsy!

Thanks!

10. JonasRoman

Will forward to Focustronic who at this moment works (and me to) almost 24/7 also at weekend to minimise the waiting period for you.
    We have estimated as you know end of dec but of course we come back and tell when start shipping more exactly. We care about all details so we Will not sacrifice quality/security/details, against time.
    Stay tuned and we Will very Soon inform all customers:)

Regards
    Jonas Roman

11. acesq

acesq Active Member

Right is better than first. But right and fast is best!!

12. BigJohnny

Thanks

JonasRoman likes this.
  13. JonasRoman

Correct My friend;-) but to be honest, ”right and fast” does not exist in real world when coming to good products;-)...we have all in this hobby seen examples of that;-). And the reason is that some things must be tested in real life and can not be simulated. So the aquarist will appreciate that we do that for you instead of opposite.

We have told you an approx launching date (end of dec) when we started the preorders and at this moment we are not delayed:)

Please during the time take a look in the manual which I soon will update again ready to shipping:)!

Jonas

MartinWaite and BigJohnny like this.
  14. FOCUSTRONIC

FOCUSTRONIC Active Member

Apologies if we haven't provided update but we will be sending out an email to everyone that has bought from the pre orders direct from our site. As you can see from our Facebook page that we have included new features and we are continuing to do so. Production has been moving a long very nicely and we will have firmer dates by early Dec.

MartinWaite, JonasRoman and BigJohnny like this.
  15. BigJohnny

I pre ordered from reefpets, can I still get a copy of the email please? Thanks

FOCUSTRONIC and ChiCity like this.
  16. ChiCity

ChiCity Valuable Member R2R Supporter

this

BigJohnny likes this.
  17. JonasRoman

Some nice info while you are waiting, and/or consider order an Alaktronic:

1)Wee will also here at reef2reef AND at our own websites of course announce when we start shipping, so no-one will miss that:) As we said, we are keeping the time-schedule as planned, so in meantime, ask more questions if you have anyone, maybe after have red then preliminary user manual.

2) We are at this moment adding some nice further features, like setting reagent and carbonate bottle alarms, and also do some final tests with some third part aquarium computers to do final check of the readings through BNC to for instance an Apex:)!. We have also included a calibration function so you calibrate for instance the Apex against our output-signal.

3) We have also further improved the calibration part of the pH electrode to do it even more user-friendly and included some check-points so user can confirm tat calibration was ok(machine also controls it).

4) We have also added a feature that you can have several account if you are an institution(or privatist with more aquariums) and have more than one Alkatronic.

5) Finally we also have the cloud running and that works, and will implement that also in the app-version.

There could be very small cosmetique things which have no impact at all, which we still improve also after launching, as we always will improve the software. It will be very easy to update the unit through out website where we post the latest fw all the time.

Not every year you got an Alkalinity-monitor-device at christmas time;-)!(almost christmas...).

Please be back with questions and I will as usual rapidly answer and help you

Jonas Roman/Designer

acesq and BigJohnny like this.
  18. JonasRoman

We will also very soon start a new page at reef2reef, which is a special page for only Alkatronic and support(under Focustronics name). I will thus finish my developer thread quite soon and we start this support forum when we start shipping.

/Jonas

BigJohnny likes this.
  19. JonasRoman

Here is a picture demo of What you have been waiting for;-)!!

We are so satisfied that we have achieved this precision of the analogue outsignal to the Apex/Profilux or whatever a pH meter.

Calibrate the pH port on the unit (apex/profilux/xx) with our 7 and 10 signal. (Buttons in app).

Then I here show you one example:

Alkatronic is sending out a dKH value through the BNC cable of 9.50dKh.

This value is sent to the Apex and with astonoshing precision! We in manual say that this transfer can be altered comparing to true value by +-0.05dkh but often it Will be even better as you see!

In apex code /profilux, when you use these exported dKH value to the ph port, remember to use some of the “defer” commands so your aquarium computer only react until a value is outside a settled point a certain amount of time. That is default concerning analogue signals. I Will explain in manual in detail.

And all this with no extra cost as it is inbuilt from start in ALL machines as standard.

Soon in your hands;-)

//Jonas Roman

6CCE8D00-66D9-4CAC-98B7-F5C3320C6F87.jpeg

3F062015-3AAB-4DC8-9C10-E7F296B1347A.jpeg

280F3A91-226C-4795-BE2C-A4299DE74AC7.jpeg

B632CEBC-A8F4-430E-B82C-7AF025BE19BE.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    puffy127 likes this.
  20. Sea MunnKey

Sea MunnKey Valuable Member

Hi Jonas ... an excellent product designed but will it be available in Canada? Thank you.

JonasRoman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted