Announcement: My own-builded KH-machine is ready!

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by JonasRoman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. BigJohnny

BigJohnny Valuable Member

2. BigJohnny

So cool Jonas, congrats!

JonasRoman likes this.
  3. JonasRoman

JonasRoman Well-Known Member

BigJohnny likes this.
  4. JonasRoman

Factory testing of every units, here a unit ready to ship as it passed the test. All functions is double-checked and tested before shipping.
    Precision is even better than promised. (in spec we say +- 0.05dKH, but mostly we hit +- 0.035dKH). The purpose is to detect variations and keep KH stable, and that is only possible with reasonable precision:). We are looking forward so much, offering you this High end unit now:)

There will be a new, official dedicated support thread, here at reef2reef, so please keep eyes open.

Jonas Roman

2b5ac0fd-bf51-4f3f-9863-09d9bbe1f933.jpg

7e7a5f61-7460-4633-9efe-fc3fec9b2f3b.jpg

bb87e358-107c-4ecb-a772-86d6c67935f2.jpg

5841370e-4f13-414a-b753-c8bd730b05c2.jpg

ddwmedic and BigJohnny like this.
  5. BigJohnny

I am giddy like a kid on Christmas eve my friend. Incredible accuracy, I doubt the other controllers can match that. Although Ghl's and Neptune's systems may have more buzz simply due to the popularity of their existing controller systems, I'm confident "the cream will rise to the top" as we say in the US. I am very diligent with my research and carefully decide which product is the best before I plan to put a new piece of equipment on my reef tank; I have no doubt that this unit is the best option for dkH control on the market. Can't wait to hear more about Dosetronic in 2018!

Ranjib and JonasRoman like this.
  6. JonasRoman

Thank you so much:).

Regards
    Jonas

7. vanpire

vanpire Active Member

Hi Jonas,

I think your work on this is terrific and it fits the needs for those who has to have 0.05 dKH precision. For many of us, that isn't really necessary. Let me explain my needs (ours as I am sure there are others like me).

1. We already own aquarium controllers and dosing tools, and they are performing very well. Accuracy and precision while not 0.05 dKH is well within acceptable. If I am within +/- 0.25 per day, I am fine.

2. We would like a tool that will help us see measures once or twice a day. The Alkatronic fits this well. With our current controls, it is very unlikely that our ALK parameters would go out of whack within 12-24 hours so checking once or twice day is enough.

3. Connectivity to another controller that many of us already have. The Alkatronics also fits this ask well.

Therefore, I am you or Focustronic plan to come out with an ALK measurement only tool with feed to existing controllers. No need for blue-tooth or wifi, etc.

Some of the competing products are already doing this but I actually prefer the Alkatronic due to various reasons, and I can PM those to you if you prefer. I just don't need the full suite of functionality.

Thanx.

JonasRoman likes this.
  8. JonasRoman

Hi and many thanks for nice words and interest in Alkatronic:)

First a little background of my thoughts:
    My opinion is that the accuracy and precision can never be a disadvantage after all:)
    My experience is, after now have dKH variations of maximum 0.1dKH during 24/h, is that all you system will gain more health and less trouble with as stable dKH as possible. I have been reading from other sources(I know you do not say that:)) that they claim that the alkalinity swing of 1-2 dKH during a day is of no harm. I disagree strongly , based on my experience with these questions and our machine. Maybe the animals will not die, but we want more than just keeping things alive. So, we strongly believe that if these machines shall fit some purpose and replace manual measurements , it must be more accurate than manual, and in some way measure that often so you can adjust deviations and get a reasonable graph, to evaluate what is happening. For instance, I have learned a lot how much more dKH is consumed during day, and that have given me info how to fine-adjust the Balling station. That info is not possible to achieve with too less measure frequency:)

But, with that said, it is of course up to you, and everyone, to make their own decisions. With Alkatronic you can measure between every 2-12 hour, so it will fit your needs very well:) (As you also was saying). Feel free to do what you feel is correct for you.

And now answer your questions:
    yes, we have already built in that in Alkatronic:) Alkatronic is in first place completely standalone and needs no other equipments. Besides that it measures, it also correct deviations by dosing carbonate solutions from its own pump, and control a BT socket (smart output device) to also control for instance the calciumreactor. That can be a life-saver. And I can promise you, that have not added any extra cost to the machine of any significance to add the regulation functions also. If we should take away the dosing pump, there is no significant difference in cost. You can always disable the action functions in the settings.

BUT, besides this, we will come out with an own dosing station for Balling-users with 5 channel , and that dosing-station, Dosetronic, will be both standalone, and can be controlled and fine adjust by Alkatronic, based on Alkatronics dKH measurements.

All Alkatronic is from start hardware prepared for coming Dosetronic.

Besides this Alkatronic can be connected to any third party aquarium controller, and in that way if you want to control for instance a third party dosing station.

Do not hesitate to be back with more questions, maybe at pm. I think you will appreciate the benefits of high precision when you have tested the machine for a while, and see the nice smooth graphs giving you so much info:)

Regards
    Jonas

acesq and BigJohnny like this.
  9. BigJohnny

On a sidenote, so glad to hear the dosetronic will be 5 channel! :)

JonasRoman likes this.
  10. JonasRoman

It will be with steppers, to get high precision, long life and high quality, so there will be perfect to, besides Balling dosing, also dosing trace-elements and carbon source:)
    A soon as we have some more appetizer we will inform:)
    Same transparency as in Alkatronic.

The form-factor will fit Alkatronic in some way, so easy have the unit together:)

/Jonas

BigJohnny and acesq like this.
  11. acesq

acesq Active Member

I got the email with the tracking number for my Alkatronic unit and reagent. It’s scheduled for delivery Wednesday. Can’t wait to set that bad boy up!

TMB and JonasRoman like this.
  12. monkiboy

monkiboy Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

where did you order from?

13. acesq

acesq Active Member

Focustronic. Ordered it 10/3.

FOCUSTRONIC and JonasRoman like this.
  14. TMB

TMB Active Member R2R Supporter

I also received the shipping email!! Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday as well!;Nailbiting
    I can't wait to put it to use.

BTW - I also ordered mine on the Focustronic site in early October.

Ranjib, JonasRoman and acesq like this.
  15. JonasRoman

Very nice seeing that the shipping seems so fast:)

16. Bronx19

Bronx19 Active Member

Woah, I wasn't expecting a $1000US, but I'm still tempted to save my pennies.

Good job.

17. JonasRoman

Regards
    Jonas

18. BigJohnny

This Wednesday like tomorrow?

ChiCity likes this.
  19. TMB

TMB Active Member R2R Supporter

Yes tomorrow. At least that’s what FedEx tracking says. I’m a bit skeptical though because tracking also says it is still over seas. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow night.

20. JonasRoman

I am also looking all the time at my package, I have some Machines to distribute myself in Sweden this first batch, to my nearby friends:)
    exctiting:)

TMB and ChiCity like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted