Announcing the Fusion 15 AIO Cube Aquarium! Pre-order now - $99.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question.

The filter sock is a very loose fit. Should I push it against the back or front wall in the first chamber.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty stoked I picked up one of these and a peninsula 15 gallon while I’m setting up and planning my 250 gallon tank I’ll use these as quarantine tanks for small fish and acros once the big tanks are up and running. Gonna run radion xr15 pros on them. Need mp10’s for flow.

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It finally arrived and I gotta say... It was so worth the wait. The quality is on another level compared to the Aqueon tank I returned. Plus, it fit the stand I built perfectly. =) Now I gotta 3d print a filter floss basket and make a custom lid and I can finally get it wet.

PXL_20221027_202427109.jpg

OP
OP
Innovative Marine

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question.

The filter sock is a very loose fit. Should I push it against the back or front wall in the first chamber.
The filter stock is designed to be smaller front to back as a failsafe. Our weirs include a transparent flow director so you should push the sock towards the weir. Thanks

OP
OP
Innovative Marine

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It finally arrived and I gotta say... It was so worth the wait. The quality is on another level compared to the Aqueon tank I returned. Plus, it fit the stand I built perfectly. =) Now I gotta 3d print a filter floss basket and make a custom lid and I can finally get it wet.

Looking Good!

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

agree on quality. Was very surprised when I opened it today. I’ve been out of reefing for a decade. glad to be back.

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank today but blew out my MCL on Saturday so I couldn’t finish building my walnut stand in the shop. Surgery is in 2 weeks so I probably won’t even get to it for over a month. Straight up torture!

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank today but blew out my MCL on Saturday so I couldn’t finish building my walnut stand in the shop. Surgery is in 2 weeks so I probably won’t even get to it for over a month. Straight up torture!
GRRR... that would drive me crazy. Hey, you're not too far from me.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I originally was considering getting one of these but decided against it because I wasn’t sure where I would put it in my house. Then yesterday my wife mentioned something about an aquarium sale that she got an advertisement for. I told her that if I was going to buy any tank it would be this one for cheap but I don’t have anywhere to put it. She then mentioned we could move some stuff around in our bedroom and put it in there. So that sounds like permission right?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is not a green light, i don't know what is. lol Just do it!
It actually was a green light. She asked me what else I would need to buy and asked how much it will actually cost and once I told her she said it was fine to get it.
Luckily other than a small heater I have everything else I would need.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally ordered mine. For anyone still looking at this tank it’s now available on saltwateraquarium.com. With the points that they gave out plus a few I already had I got the tank for $108 after the extra shipping and I picked up a free beer stein with it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back