Annual Board of Directors Elections 9-18-22

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have the annual elections at the coral fragging workshop and raffle. We would very much like some new blood and new perspectives. All positions are up for grabs. It is important to help build the club and promote the hobby in our area.
The positions are as follows
President
Vice President
Treasure
Secretary
Web Master
Member Services
Communications Director
Raffle Coordinator
Special Events Coordinator

If you are interested in more information or to run for a position you can message me here or email us at [email protected]

bxclent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have the annual elections at the coral fragging workshop and raffle. We would very much like some new blood and new perspectives. All positions are up for grabs. It is important to help build the club and promote the hobby in our area.
The positions are as follows
President
Vice President
Treasure
Secretary
Web Master
Member Services
Communications Director
Raffle Coordinator
Special Events Coordinator
How can I get more involved ? I just semi retired and will have more availability. Thanks !

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I get more involved ? I just semi retired and will have more availability. Thanks !
Would love to have you run for a position. If you want to message me or email that would be great. Any chance that you would like the position of President so that I can take a small step back?

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were the outlined duties from the old articles. If anyone has questions of what is required.

President

· The President shall preside at all membership meetings.

· He or she shall by virtue of his or her office be Chairman or Chairwoman of the Board of Directors.

· He or she shall present at each meeting of the organization an update on the work of the organization

· He or she shall see that all books, reports and certificates required by law are properly kept or filed.

· He or she must be a signatory on all accounts.

· He or she shall be one of the officers who may sign the checks or drafts of the organization

· He or she shall be given access to all records, filings, assets and accounts on the organization

· He or she shall have such powers as may be reasonably construed as belonging to the chief executive of any organization.

Vice President

· The Vice President shall in the event or absence or inability of the President to exercise his or her office become acting president of the organization with all of the rights, privileges and powers as if he or she had been the duly elected president.

Secretary

· The Secretary shall keep the minutes and records of the organization in appropriate books

· It shall be his or her duty to file and any certificate required by any statute, federal or state.

· He or she shall give and serve all notices to members of this organization.

· He or she shall be the official custodian of all records and seals of this organization.

· He or she may be one of the officers required to sign the checks and drafts of the organization.

· He or she shall submit to the Board of Directors any communications which shall be addressed to him or her as Secretary of the organization

· He or she shall attend to all correspondences of the organization and shall exercise all duties incident to the office of Secretary

· He or she shall record the minutes of all board meetings.

Treasurer

· The Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all monies belonging to the organization and shall be solely responsible for such monies or securities of the organization.

· He or she shall cause to be deposited in a regular business bank or trust company all monies collected by the organization.

· He or she must be one of the officers who shall sign checks or drafts of the organization. No special fund shall be set aside that shall make it unnecessary for the Treasurer to sign the checks issued upon it.

· He or she shall at stated periods as the Board of Directors shall determine a written account of the finances of the organization.

· He or she shall exercise all duties incident to the office of Treasurer.

· Expenditures in excess of $1000.00 shall require the signature of the Treasurer AND one other officer.

· He or she shall document all funds collected at monthly meetings including, but not limited to raffle ticket donations and dues payments.

Webmaster

· The Webmaster shall maintain the website of the organization.

· He or she will appoint admins as necessary.

· He or she will negotiate website sponsorship.

Raffle Coordinator

· He or she shall be the keeper of the raffle donations.

· He or she shall select which items out of the organizations inventory will be raffled off at each meeting.

· He or she shall solicit donations to be added to the organizations raffle inventory

· With approval of the Board of Directors he or she may purchase items for the raffle

· He or she shall see that all monies collected by the donations of raffle tickets be given to the Treasurer or highest ranking officer after each raffle takes place.

Membership Director

· He or she shall issue membership cards to all new members and all recurring members

· He or she shall maintain the membership database including phone numbers and email addresses.

· He or she shall forward any membership dues collected to the Treasurer or presiding officer in the absence of the Treasurer

Special Events Director

· He or she may research and investigate possible special events for the organization. Upon approval of the Board of Directors, he or she will plan the events within the budget approved of by the Board of Directors.

·

Newsletter Editor

· He or she shall send out the newsletter by email to all members not less than one (1) week prior to the planned monthly meetings.

· He or she shall solicit articles for inclusion in the newsletter.

· The newsletter shall include an over-view of last month’s meeting, about us information, Topic of next meetings, Board meeting minutes, upcoming schedule and any other pertinent information.

Officers shall by virtue of their office be members of the Board of Directors

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back