Cracking Radion G5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next thing you know robby we are gonna be putting orange bias lighting behind out tanks lol.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ETM is absolutely NOT going to go out of business because of this. Their product line sells out almost everywhere. Sure, you may be right to a point with a lot of other companies, but you know as well as anyone else that's not Ecotech.

Probably not, though I wonder how many people made the same comments about Vertex LOL. Their stuff was sold almost 'everywhere' too. My initial comment on the matter was simply that excessive warranty claims have driven small businesses to insolvency ….. no more, no less. It is factually correct none of these companies were ETM. though somewhat misses the point. regardless, it seems like ETM have a sound plan to fix the issue.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not, though I wonder how many people made the same comments about Vertex LOL. Their stuff was sold almost 'everywhere' too. My initial comment on the matter was simply that excessive warranty claims have driven small businesses to insolvency ….. no more, no less. It is factually correct none of these companies were ETM. though somewhat misses the point. regardless, it seems like ETM have a sound plan to fix the issue.

Im still curious how all these customers opening their lights is going to affect the warranties. As it is a easy replacement, some people just are not very mechanically inclined...

Houstoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. My sisters 2019 Silverado has had like 4 recalls already no joke. At least both companies are doing the right thing to fix the problems.
Oh man I feel bad for anyone buying any GM car these days. Go checkout Scotty Kilmer, he will steer you in the right direction.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I feel bad for anyone buying any GM car these days. Go checkout Scotty Kilmer, he will steer you in the right direction.
Yeah. My parents have a 2014 tahoe with a broken dashboard that costs around 1k to replace. GM won't do anything about it since its out of warranty, but many other people have the same problem. The vehicle is only driven for long trips, only has around 60k miles and has been parked under a garage all its life. So I can safely say no more GM vehicles for this family.

Ryan Avery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of the versa pumps that leaked. With so many people running into the same issue I don’t know how ETM didn’t catch this issue in testing. Seems like they are pushing out products before they are ready. Their customer service is good, but when you buy the “best” you shouldn’t have issues right out of the box.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something this prevalent (impacting more than half of units) should have been caught prior to boxing/shipment.

Their short term solution of adding captive washers should quickly be replaced by a long term solution of fixing the molding issues on their cover. Adding material is a tool-safe change, takes maybe a week to make the change, a couple of days to make parts, and a week to inspect and approve the change.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to report back here that a replacement light showed up on my step today from ETM and boy was it packaged well.

20200408_170625.jpg

20200408_170636.jpg

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just want to report back here that a replacement light showed up on my step today from ETM and boy was it packaged well lol.
How long ago did you contact them about the issue?
Did you ever get shipping or tracking emails?

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long ago did you contact them about the issue?
Did you ever get shipping or tracking emails?

I just checked for you. I originally contacted ETM on March 3rd.

I recieved an invoice from Aqua Illumination yesterday regarding the replacement light with tracking information. I hadn't even noticed the email until now.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just checked for you. I originally contacted ETM on March 3rd.

I recieved an invoice from Aqua Illumination yesterday regarding the replacement light with tracking information. I hadn't even noticed the email until now.
Thanks

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to report back here that a replacement light showed up on my step today from ETM and boy was it packaged well.

20200408_170625.jpg

20200408_170636.jpg
I have brought mine from BRS and the packaging was well packed, but the housing still cracked. Hopefully ETM sent you the fixture with the revised new housing.

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye

Yeah, Im not waiting for them to do it. Ill have them ship me the new parts and I'll fix them myself. providing it doesnt void the warranty. However im more displeased about the lack of communication from ETM..

On ETM website under support there are instructions on how to replace the housing and it stated it won’t void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back