Another delayed shipping thread, Divers Den

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I knew CA facility packages we delayed on frequent basis so I stayed away from it. I didn't know even Diver Den packages are getting delayed.

Fedex couldn't deliver package by 12noon. First it was by 5pm, then 8pm then end of day. Now it's 11pm and still no package.
Last update shows its in Memphis.
I got pair of fire shrimp, bonded pair wheeler gobies and pistol shrimp. I think they will be toast.

Man for the sake of animals why not hold shipping till weather clears
Why ship that week.
Is the space that limited in WI that shipments have to be mailed in 2 days.

I got packages from Biota, Sustainable Aquatics, Pacific east aquaculture etc with no problems.
Please do something. I know you will reimburse me.
But your forums has too many of these complains.
There has to be a better system.
Or maybe I am wrong. You guys ship so many packages that only a few die.
Would you share the number. I understand your private so you the numbers.

I think if it's high there should be some changes made.
Screenshot_20220106-223808_Chrome.jpg

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew CA facility packages we delayed on frequent basis so I stayed away from it. I didn't know even Diver Den packages are getting delayed.

Fedex couldn't deliver package by 12noon. First it was by 5pm, then 8pm then end of day. Now it's 11pm and still no package.
Last update shows its in Memphis.
I got pair of fire shrimp, bonded pair wheeler gobies and pistol shrimp. I think they will be toast.

Man for the sake of animals why not hold shipping till weather clears
Why ship that week.
Is the space that limited in WI that shipments have to be mailed in 2 days.

I got packages from Biota, Sustainable Aquatics, Pacific east aquaculture etc with no problems.
Please do something. I know you will reimburse me.
But your forums has too many of these complains.
There has to be a better system.
Or maybe I am wrong. You guys ship so many packages that only a few die.
Would you share the number. I understand your private so you the numbers.

I think if it's high there should be some changes made.
Screenshot_20220106-223808_Chrome.jpg
Memphis has been a mess. Funny it was still raining there at 7am. Not sure why they don’t reroute instead of piling onto the mess.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this is a bad time to ship. They sent me this email this week. Apparently fires too...

Best to check service alerts before ordering from anywhere and even then, don't order!

FYI whenever I order from Blue Zoo, they call and contact me and hold packages or let me know its too cold or I should pick up at hub... etc...

Small business models are usually better. It was easy for me to contact TSM and Marine Farmers to change ship dates.

1641530015188.png

1641530052364.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They can hold the shipment. Like Biota did.
But Live aquaria insists on shipping within 2 days.
Hence the post. Why do they chance it. It does cost them.
Or they price livestock such a way that there is enough margin to guarantee animals once.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been that way for as long as I can remember. It isn't ideal and killing animals is sad. I would not order from them around holidays or poor weather as they will ship the stuff.

Would be nice if they would change their policy but I would be surprised.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Memphis has been a mess. Funny it was still raining there at 7am. Not sure why they don’t reroute instead of piling onto the mess.
As a former FedEx employee, they can't reroute, the capacity isn't there to do so. The system just collapses when they try to. The entire cross country backbone is Memphis unless you live in a top 10 large city where your package can be air freighted directly.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or they price livestock such a way that there is enough margin to guarantee animals once.
As high as the cost of stock is, they factor deaths in. The prices from LA is insanely high. In that regard I'm fortunate where I live as we're LFS abundant and the importer of anything from the Pacific comes through here.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand wanting to ship out orders as quickly as possible, but it seems like they should make exceptions during certain circumstances, like known delays from a carrier and expected extreme weather.

To put it in perspective I have an order of corals from a different vendor and that vendor contacted me and said they weren't shipping because it was too risky, and that was before the snow was supposed to start. It's better customer service and it saves them money. It's idiotic so send out an order that you almost know isn't going to make it. I get it's policy but it seems like they need to change that policy.

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wish they would hold on days like this. I got one coming Thursday that is now going to come Friday so two days.
I also got one coming Thursday for Friday from LA.
This was a half order shipped.
So LA shipped today too when Memphis was a mess and Wednesdays stock wasn't delivered.

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they would hold on days like this. I got one coming Thursday that is now going to come Friday so two days.
So LA shipped today too when Memphis was a mess and Wednesdays stock wasn't delivered.
I ordered some corals from two different places a week before christmas, they didn't ship until last week. One package showed up on time(ups) the other package(Fedex) took over a week to get to me.I was in close contact with the store I got them from and they replaced them, that shipment was late but the corals were alive. The package that was delayed a week arrived shortly after the replacement package did, they were jelly. I looked into fedex and the reviews were terrible. It seems to be baked into their system. I couldn't be happier with the corals and the place that I ordered them from was great but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to try and find a good lfs in my area that has decent corals. I feel like I should at least avoid ordering corals from places that use fedex. Sorry about the long reply

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy solution. Just don't order from anyone who ships FedEx. I learned this hard lesson a long time ago. UPS is much more reliable at least for me. I don't even shop vendors who use FedEx. Nothing against any of them but I just don't want the hassle. I've got my own business to run.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nothing I've ordered from anybody in the last several months has arrived on time.
None of the 3 next day orders, none of the four 2nd day orders.
Not even from amazon.
This is a problem across the shipping industry, not just a fedex problem.
As I write this I'm waiting on my order from Algaebarn that fedex actually had on the truck out for delivery yesterday, but never came.

Add in the fact the live aquaria/divers den started using thin sacks and air pillows to hold corals really limits which corals will survive if there is a delay.

Last edited:

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live within an hour of WWC, Top Shelf and living reef. Nothing against any of them I just can't bring myself to pay their prices locally. In the last year I have ordered multiple times from ASD on the other side of the country.They use UPS. I usually get a shipping email around 6-7 pm my time and by 11 am the next morning it's at my house. That's well over 3k miles. I've used Fed ex for vendors in my own State and it's usually still several hours late. Literally 2-3 hours away and it's still late usually after dark.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my shipments arrive between 10:30-12:00. I understand this delay with 6+ inches falling in Middle Tn. Yesterday we broke a record all the way from 1977 with most snow accumulating in one day. Huh....I thought, Nevermind....
Anyways...I don’t blame FedEx or UPS for delays yesterday. Roads were treacherous. Hopefully about to pick up some boxes and will post on the conditions of the corals.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's two below here in WI today. I just don't bother ordering livestock this time of year anymore, even from DD which is right up the road.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ssdawood Good afternoon. We sincerely apologize your package did not arrive on time. We do check on all our air packages daily for any potential delays so we can notify our customers. We also sent the list to FedEx each day to notify them of the urgency to deliver the packages as soon as possible and request the reason for the delay. With any carrier, there can be operational, mechanical, and weather-related delays. Our facilities prepare for unanticipated delays with added oxygen in the bags as well as cooling packs and insulated shipping boxes. We ship overnight because our first concern is for the health of the aquatic life we offer. If you would like to send a PM with the order number and your email, we would be happy to review the order and reach out to FedEx for an update on delivery. We look forward to your response.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my shipments arrive between 10:30-12:00. I understand this delay with 6+ inches falling in Middle Tn. Yesterday we broke a record all the way from 1977 with most snow accumulating in one day. Huh....I thought, Nevermind....
Anyways...I don’t blame FedEx or UPS for delays yesterday. Roads were treacherous. Hopefully about to pick up some boxes and will post on the conditions of the corals.
Ok , now I blame FedEx and UPS a little. They should be able to transport from their warehouse 20-25 min to their open retail stores. Interstates are moving & main rds are clear. I got a little hope this morning when I tracked down a UPS warehouse I thought my box was at. The UPS trucks were parked in their warehouse and they had open the doors and were getting ready to pull out. All the info I’ve gotten since then is no deliveries today and my package has been rescheduled to be delivered at their retail store on Monday!
8D9BB682-46A3-46E1-9F5E-DDFD532C916E.jpeg
BA2C10E9-B914-4E9C-BD74-8E880533EF06.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand wanting to ship out orders as quickly as possible, but it seems like they should make exceptions during certain circumstances, like known delays from a carrier and expected extreme weather.

To put it in perspective I have an order of corals from a different vendor and that vendor contacted me and said they weren't shipping because it was too risky, and that was before the snow was supposed to start. It's better customer service and it saves them money. It's idiotic so send out an order that you almost know isn't going to make it. I get it's policy but it seems like they need to change that policy.
I lost 3 corals from a vendor because it got caught in the Memphis delay. Still waiting on a response for the DOA I submitted 3 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back