Another delayed shipping thread, Divers Den

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on FedEx performance that is about 6 months old. 71% on time. Heck of a volume increase as well they are dealing with.

The continuing delays led some customers to turn to other shippers to fulfill orders. FedEx’s deliveries were 71% on time in May, unchanged from the previous month, according to the delivery-tracking software company Convey. That compares with 89% at UPS. The gap with UPS has widened since February, Convey data show. That month many parts of the country endured a deep freeze, including FedEx’s Memphis, Tenn., hub, leading to weeks of significant delays.

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Update

Package shipped Thursday night after knowing Wednesdays backup hasn't arrived yet.
It was in Memphis till 3 this afternoon. Finally now it came 30min away from my house.
I hope they deliver soon. It has a hybrid lemon and half black angelfish from Marshall Island.
This was a half order shipped.

Now it's sad. Yesterday I lost 2 gobies and shrimp.
Today also it doesn't look good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-215948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-215948_Chrome.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean only people who are super angry are going to the better business bureau… and I’m 100% positive that I’m not the only person to have a good experience. If you go to their site now it says they aren’t shipping currently because of the weather. They definitely should have made this decision sooner but some responsibility goes to the buyer as well…right?
Yeah
Explain how is it buyers responsibility?
I bought a fish that was available. I can't control shipping you know that right?

Please read on LA site DD items ship within two days or purchase.
Reg CA items ship when they want. I can't dictate shipping. They won't hold. You try it.

How can you blame this on buyer.
Biota, Pacific east aquaculture, Tck corals, Algae Barn etc are all holding my shipment as per their and my decision.
Thats 4 companies who had no trouble
They are shipping next week.

How is it my fault ?
A business as large as LA has dedicated Fedex rep. They know better than buyer when to ship.

Stop being a white knight and recognize when there is a problem.
You think we are complaining to get a coupon from them. They have no trouble reimbursing us everytime. The complains are here cause we want them to stop shipping and killing these animals when it's bad weather.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah
Explain how is it buyers responsibility?
I bought a fish that was available. I can't control shipping you know that right?

Please read on LA site DD items ship within two days or purchase.
Reg CA items ship when they want. I can't dictate shipping. They won't hold. You try it.

How can you blame this on buyer.
Biota, Pacific east aquaculture, Tck corals, Algae Barn etc are all holding my shipment as per their and my decision.
Thats 4 companies who had no trouble
They are shipping next week.

How is it my fault ?
A business as large as LA has dedicated Fedex rep. They know better than buyer when to ship.

Stop being a white knight and recognize when there is a problem.
You think we are complaining to get a coupon from them. They have no trouble reimbursing us everytime. The complains are here cause we want them to stop shipping and killing these animals when it's bad weather.
I had two packages coming Friday. I checked the weather and postponed. Not trying to stir the pot I would be pissedd if my package was in limbo as well but you need to be informed when receiving a package with live animals. Peace and good luck!

eVvoltura

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My live foods delivery from RUSALTY is also delayed by 5 days so far :(

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had two packages coming Friday. I checked the weather and postponed. Not trying to stir the pot I would be pissedd if my package was in limbo as well but you need to be informed when receiving a package with live animals. Peace and good luck!
Live aquaria did it for you?

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Utubereefer
I am really interested to know of we can choose shipping with Live aquaria.
My order was placed on Dec 31st . I didn't know till Thursday it was shipping. Only way I knew is when I got email with shipping info.
Also only half the order was shipped. Other half not.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Utubereefer
I am really interested to know of we can choose shipping with Live aquaria.
My order was placed on Dec 31st . I didn't know till Thursday it was shipping. Only way I knew is when I got email with shipping info.
Also only half the order was shipped. Other half not.
I don't think LiveAquaria let's you choose when they ship.

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't think LiveAquaria let's you choose when they ship.
Let him answer bro
I want to know why he thinks he is the only holy and mighty who cares for animals.
If there was a way to choose shipping I would.

He comes back and tells me he called and stopped two package.
We're they from LA ?
I stopped 4 packages from different companies too.

If Utubereeder was able to stop packages from shipping or choose shipping days from LA please teach me.
I would not be here complaining if I knew how to do it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let him answer bro
I want to know why he thinks he is the only holy and mighty who cares for animals.
If there was a way to choose shipping I would.

He comes back and tells me he called and stopped two package.
We're they from LA ?
I stopped 4 packages from different companies too.

If Utubereeder was able to stop packages from shipping or choose shipping days from LA please teach me.
I would not be here complaining if I knew how to do it.
I'm pretty sure @Utubereefer doesn't feel all holy and he was stating a fact. I could have just as easily canceled my shipment and should have. He's right though, as a buyer I have some responsibility. We like to place it all on the vendor and the shipping companies.

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order a very $$$ Tahitian Golden Hawk from DD. It shipped last Thursday for Friday delivery by 10:30a. I had my office open at 8:00 so I would be there when it came in. When tracking, FedEx naturally said it was on time. After noon, and no delivery, the site said it was at the facility in the next city over and it was to be delivered by end of day.

At 2:00 I got an email from LA saying they were also tracking and it was delayed.

We tried to call FedEX but you cannot speak with the local transit facility. So at 3:30 we drove down and asked them about our package. They said it had been scanned in and, like showed on the website, the box was at the facility. Great we said, we will just take it.

But after 30 minutes of searching the employee could not find it. They said it wasn't there! So where is it? And why was it scanned in as arrived?

There is still no update on the website. No word from FedEx or LA. I left my phone number but no one has called. More than likely the Hawkfish is dead. So sad.

FedEx is clearly to blame. But I agree that LA also has responsibility to see this through. With all the business they give FedEx they should have better quality control in place. Giving me a refund doesn't bring a needless death of a rare and expensive fish back to life. And the weather here is cold, but no travel issues.

All very upsetting.

Steve

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm pretty sure @Utubereefer doesn't feel all holy and he was stating a fact. I could have just as easily canceled my shipment and should have. He's right though, as a buyer I have some responsibility. We like to place it all on the vendor and the shipping companies.
Once again Bud
I did cancel 4 order

You yourself said Live Aquaria can't be canceled, postponed or we get to choose date.
This thread is specifically about LA shipping DD on Wed for Thurs. They got backed up and got delivered on Friday

On next day this didn't deter them. Thursday they shipped me again for Friday knowing I didn't get my Thursday fish and I am here complaining.
The fish shipped Thursday for Friday is still not here 12.24am Sunday.

If the buyer can't choose days. DD has to ship within 2 days, company policy. CA facility ships whenever they like as long as half order is met.
So how is buyer responsible for LA. I am here complaining so we have a say in canceling shipment or postponing it.

And your friend and you keep repeating buyer should take responsibility. Buyer means me. Now I am not too educated. A little bit in third world country.
Educate me how to be responsible in shipping when I can't cancel, postpone shipment?

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mods after tbrown educates me please close the thread.
My animals are dead, I tried to change policy where the company or buyer can check weather and ask for better day for shipment.

But that's clearly not happening here.
No bashing. We all understand the hardship of running small business. I have one.

We know because of shortage of employees they can keep an eye on everything

So let the buyers help. We cam check weather and postpone shipment from LA. Take out help.
But to clearly follow bad policy and double down on sending shipments to me when even the first hasn't made it is clearly animal abuse.

It this happened to a dog or cat people would be up in arms
Fish is OK

Please close.

Remember " Responsibilty is of the buyer "

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order a very $$$ Tahitian Golden Hawk from DD. It shipped last Thursday for Friday delivery by 10:30a. I had my office open at 8:00 so I would be there when it came in. When tracking, FedEx naturally said it was on time. After noon, and no delivery, the site said it was at the facility in the next city over and it was to be delivered by end of day.

At 2:00 I got an email from LA saying they were also tracking and it was delayed.

We tried to call FedEX but you cannot speak with the local transit facility. So at 3:30 we drove down and asked them about our package. They said it had been scanned in and, like showed on the website, the box was at the facility. Great we said, we will just take it.

But after 30 minutes of searching the employee could not find it. They said it wasn't there! So where is it? And why was it scanned in as arrived?

There is still no update on the website. No word from FedEx or LA. I left my phone number but no one has called. More than likely the Hawkfish is dead. So sad.

FedEx is clearly to blame. But I agree that LA also has responsibility to see this through. With all the business they give FedEx they should have better quality control in place. Giving me a refund doesn't bring a needless death of a rare and expensive fish back to life. And the weather here is cold, but no travel issues.

All very upsetting.

Steve
With today's technology and sophisticated logistics tracking how do they even lose packages anymore once it has been scanned? This is really shocking and sad! I hope it's found and arrives safely! FedEx used to be the gold standard. What I also don't understand is that it sounds like their Memphis hub has been a real problem for quite awhile so why the heck haven't they focused on fixing that?

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With today's technology and sophisticated logistics tracking how do they even lose packages anymore once it has been scanned? This is really shocking and sad! I hope it's found and arrives safely! FedEx used to be the gold standard. What I also don't understand is that it sounds like their Memphis hub has been a real problem for quite awhile so why the heck haven't they focused on fixing that?
Yes you would think technology helps things get better not worse. But there was also a day when you could call and get a real person on the phone.

But as rates gets more competitive, with more and more online shipping, companies look for every way to save money and that means less real customer service. It's not really an issue for FedEx because there is no real accountability. What will they do, refund the shipping cost? If there was insurance on the package, the shipper had to purchase it before hand and FedEx makes money on that as well. So they have no real incentive to really fix things.

UPS is no better, and USPS doesn't ship overnight. So there isn't any real answer. There should be a consequence for a lost package, or one that is delayed without reason. My company ships a lot of packages and I can't tell you how often we pay for faster service and don't get it. And we don't have time to fill out forms for refunds so there is nothing we can do.

And if a package can get scanned into a building, and then disappear, that seems to be a real problem and there should be better accountability.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my package delayed by FedEx for 2 whole days in -27 degree weather. Thanks, FexEx. At least my zoas will pull through, but everything else died.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually making me feel sick reading these horrific stories with living creatures. :-( I put off even thinking about having livestock shipped until it's warm throughout the entire country (here in Canada) which means late spring.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mods after tbrown educates me please close the thread.
My animals are dead, I tried to change policy where the company or buyer can check weather and ask for better day for shipment.

But that's clearly not happening here.
No bashing. We all understand the hardship of running small business. I have one.

We know because of shortage of employees they can keep an eye on everything

So let the buyers help. We cam check weather and postpone shipment from LA. Take out help.
But to clearly follow bad policy and double down on sending shipments to me when even the first hasn't made it is clearly animal abuse.

It this happened to a dog or cat people would be up in arms
Fish is OK

Please close.

Remember " Responsibilty is of the buyer "
Closed per your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back