Another delayed shipping thread, Divers Den

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 3 corals from a vendor because it got caught in the Memphis delay. Still waiting on a response for the DOA I submitted 3 days ago.
It seems like over several threads I have perhaps over estimated how much consideration many vendors puts into potential shipping delays.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch the weather and only order accordingly, usually late spring or fall so if delayed they have a chance to survive. Otherwise good luck. To think UPS or Fedex really cares about such a small percentage of these livestock shipments, they do not as that is not what really makes them money. It is just a fact. Add to it the volume increase this year, plus covid call offs and it has been a recipe for disaster. Honestly I am amazed of the logistics of next day packages I receive hitting 3 airports at times and still arriving on time the next day.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I watch the weather and only order accordingly, usually late spring or fall so if delayed they have a chance to survive. Otherwise good luck. To think UPS or Fedex really cares about such a small percentage of these livestock shipments, they do not as that is not what really makes them money. It is just a fact. Add to it the volume increase this year, plus covid call offs and it has been a recipe for disaster. Honestly I am amazed of the logistics of next day packages I receive hitting 3 airports at times and still arriving on time the next day.
I live in AZ so it's perfect weather here. In the summer when it's good for the rest of the world our boxes melt....

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea but that doesn't matter if your shipment has to come through our part of the country that has a foot of snow currently
Yep. Sucks for me.
GIF by Equipe de France de Football

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the money isn’t with the livestock shipments but those shipments should be cared for a little better than a protein skimmer. In the event they “say” they can’t get their trucks out but that Livestock box has made it to the city to where it was being delivered, There should be a option for the receiver to pick up that livestock shipment from their warehouse. Instead it just sits there for 3+ days with no ice in sight on the rds. It traveled hundreds of miles during the storm to sit in a warehouse.

mattd017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a shipment out of CA. One royal gramma and a bunch of FW inverts. FedEx dropped it off in front of my garage, not even on my doorstep. No knock. No doorbell. Nevermind the perishable and livestock stickers on it. Luckily I was looking out the window to see them. Never wouldve known they were out there. Not that it matters. The inverts were fine, but the gramma was dead and stiff.

TheDorkLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to rub it in anyone's face here. I had a shipment come through From liveaquaria, on time, Wednesday morning. They are in quarantine and doing ok at the moment. Just a coral beauty and a flame hawkfish. Just wanted to post a not bad experience with them.

Sorry to hear about the rotten experiences though

edit: was shipped out of Cali

OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here the do it back to back
Wednesday DD packages didn't clear till Friday 4pm
Memphis is a mess . We all know
Still they shipped my half order from CA and there is no way I could stop it

Back to back, both delayed an extra day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-220449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-220449_Chrome.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
ssdawood

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When you know your yesterdays packages didn't deliver why would you send more.

First package.
2 firs shrimps bonded pair. Came almost dying. Luckily LA packaged good. Cooler, shiny wrapper, oxygen, lot of water and separate bags.

Two wheeler gobies with pistol shrimp.
Pistol shrimp dead on arrival
Both gobies almost dying.
Acclimated and drop them in DT. Since they are gobies carry less chance of disease and DD quarantine fishes I rolled dice. I know I shouldn't. I did put them in quarantine with copper. The gobies almost died.
So I used it as a bath and said prayer.

Dropped in DT. Hour later one dissappear. Another hour later second is gone

How can one find them in 300g tank for pic.

On other hand it's good. Let's cut the losses move on.
Credit will make me buy more fishes, more heartburn. On the other hand I could buy fish food.

Sorry guys rant over. Tomorrow I will post if the other package arrived or not. Than I am done

At this point we all know LA business model.
Hard to live same situation back to back days. Waiting for fedex.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the money isn’t with the livestock shipments but those shipments should be cared for a little better than a protein skimmer. In the event they “say” they can’t get their trucks out but that Livestock box has made it to the city to where it was being delivered, There should be a option for the receiver to pick up that livestock shipment from their warehouse. Instead it just sits there for 3+ days with no ice in sight on the rds. It traveled hundreds of miles during the storm to sit in a warehouse.
That hospital that needs a critical next day shipment is saying their life and death shipment for a terminally ill patient should take priority over a couple tropical fish, LOL. Importance is relative and there are many reasons a customer selects the next day air option, in addition to live stock. A business that cannot get a key part can lose thousands per hour without it, taken from experience. That same size box could be destined to Ford carrying microprocessors that just hit the dock in California that they need to restart their Ford F150 production line again. To FedEx I am sure these are what they care more about, just reality.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides weather... COVID surge is a problem as well.

Fedex: The explosive surge of the COVID-19 Omicron variant has caused a temporary shortage of available crew members and operational staff in the FedEx Express air network. Additionally, severe winter weather across the country has placed a strain on operations. The health and safety of our team members is our top priority.

Dahaker89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 3 corals from a vendor because it got caught in the Memphis delay. Still waiting on a response for the DOA I submitted 3 days ago.
On the same situation as well. My corals spent 2.5 days in Memphis. All dead, water at 48F and still waiting on the DOA I submitted. Different vendor

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides weather... COVID surge is a problem as well.

Fedex: The explosive surge of the COVID-19 Omicron variant has caused a temporary shortage of available crew members and operational staff in the FedEx Express air network. Additionally, severe winter weather across the country has placed a strain on operations. The health and safety of our team members is our top priority.
That’s a joke and a way to blame something because of other issues IMO.
I thought UPS and FedEx both were a 24 hour delivery company? Why would it take
3.5-4 days to travel less than 20 miles to deliver a box with living things to one of their (very busy) own brick and mortar stores?
I’m willing to “risk my life” and go to the holding warehouse to pick it up. On very dangerous un-iced roads and none slick streets to pick up a delivery. But they don’t allow that. They have to prepare their drivers to drive on dried concrete that hasn’t had ice on them in 3 days….
They are understaffed ..Plain and simple
*Don't accept deliveries if you can’t deliver them on time if it’s critical to what you’re shipping. It’s winter time. Snow isn’t anything unexpected during these months. Radar technology and weather predictions are accurate. Should surprise no one, especially if you claim to be a professional delivery logistics company.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a joke and a way to blame something because of other issues IMO.
I thought UPS and FedEx both were a 24 hour delivery company? Why would it take
3.5-4 days to travel less than 20 miles to deliver a box with living things to one of their (very busy) own brick and mortar stores?
I’m willing to “risk my life” and go to the holding warehouse to pick it up. On very dangerous un-iced roads and none slick streets to pick up a delivery. But they don’t allow that. They have to prepare their drivers to drive on dried concrete that hasn’t had ice on them in 3 days….
They are understaffed ..Plain and simple
*Don't accept deliveries if you can’t deliver them on time if it’s critical to what you’re shipping. It’s winter time. Snow isn’t anything unexpected during these months. Radar technology and weather predictions are accurate. Should surprise no one, especially if you claim to be a professional delivery logistics company.

It’s more profitable to accept deliveries and just not cover them during this period of the year. Majority are probably not perishable.

No one should be trying to ship live fish or corals right now. We know the contents of the package we are shipping.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe these issues fall on the buyer. Don’t order livestock in the mail right now.

Has anyone noticed the increase in LA sale emails??

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bad rating… but I had a good experience with live aquaria last year and I didn’t leave a review. Most reviews are left by upset customers.
When almost every rating is bad, and you can find HUNDREDS of these exact same threads spanning back a DECADE…. Maybe they aren’t as good as you may be led to believe.

honestly, anyone who spends a tiny amount of time researching would realize this.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That hospital that needs a critical next day shipment is saying their life and death shipment for a terminally ill patient should take priority over a couple tropical fish, LOL. Importance is relative and there are many reasons a customer selects the next day air option, in addition to live stock. A business that cannot get a key part can lose thousands per hour without it, taken from experience. That same size box could be destined to Ford carrying microprocessors that just hit the dock in California that they need to restart their Ford F150 production line again. To FedEx I am sure these are what they care more about, just reality.
You actually thinking that FedEx knows what’s in most of the boxes, or cares, is hilarious.
They don’t know or care, it’s not their job.
they just move stuff from point A to point B. What’s inside makes NO DIFFERENCE if both are sent the same way (both sent group or next day or 2-day)

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When almost every rating is bad, and you can find HUNDREDS of these exact same threads spanning back a DECADE…. Maybe they aren’t as good as you may be led to believe.

honestly, anyone who spends a tiny amount of time researching would realize this.
I’ve heard the stories but I gave it a shot. My wrasse came in small and shy but healthy enough to thrive in my established 120 mixed reef. It’s all a gamble. You can get crappy fish from your LFS. I definitely wouldn’t risk a fish shipment this time of year especially with all the short staffing problems with COVID going around. Thanks for laughing at my post.
562C9DD0-670E-42EE-A316-A53FC6DD3859.png

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard the stories but I gave it a shot. My wrasse came in small and shy but healthy enough to thrive in my established 120 mixed reef. It’s all a gamble. You can get crappy fish from your LFS. I definitely wouldn’t risk a fish shipment this time of year especially with all the short staffing problems with COVID going around. Thanksgiving for laughing at my post.
562C9DD0-670E-42EE-A316-A53FC6DD3859.png
The laugh is at the fact that just because you got a good shipment one time, your disregarding all the years of dead fish and ticked off customers by saying “oh only upset people leave reviews”
No that statement is just laughable
Sorry if you find that insulting somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back