[Another Dino Thread]: Dr. Tim’s Treatment failed

abw75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the display, in front of a pump (to dissipate faster) - I use a syringe and dosing it somehow slowly (few seconds for 10ml).
Be sure you are using the 3% concentration;
Seems that pepermint shrimp is rather sensitive, but other inverts / corals & fish are OK;
There are many threads around driven by more experienced users - showing all kind of benefits and explaining all chemistry around;

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank and got Dino in it. A few friends pointed me to the article attached below. I am trying this very easy treatment. Will post back on how effective it is. Good luck.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll chime in. I've battled ostreopsis for years, literally five years! I've done every trick in the book, literally everything that everyone has posted with their experiences about. Then it came across the article that @OrionN just posted and thought why not give it a try.

I have a very mature system and have plenty of nutrients. N03 always at 40+, P04 at .03 and very stable.

Erase my temperature up to 81 degrees verified with a fluke digital thermometer. The beginning of the first week the dinos receded slowly. Ever since then they have disappeared completely and have stayed gone. After all this time my sand is finally White!

All this is completely anecdotal with little to no scientific backing, but for me at worked.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back