Another Georgian

Linda Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is my screen name and I've been in the hobby for about a year.

I started with a 33g undrilled tank and my current (and just recently set up) tank is a 90g mixed reef.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learn more about this fascinating hobby.

Thanks for providing this place to hang out!

~Linda

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Linda!

I know Linda from our local club...a fantastic person.

My name is my screen name and I've been in the hobby for about a year.

I started with a 33g undrilled tank and my current (and just recently set up) tank is a 90g mixed reef.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learn more about this fascinating hobby.

Thanks for providing this place to hang out!

~Linda

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Glad to have you aboard Linda! :D

OP
OP
Linda Lee

Linda Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome linda........... lets see the tank

Thanks all for the warm welcome and thanks, Balagan, for inviting me here.

Here's my 90g. Bear in mind that this is a fairly new set up. I moved the contents of a 55g into the 90g, using as much of the original tank water as I could. The old sand was used for the fuge and there is new sand in the display.

Been up a month now -- no losses and just a tiny bit of a cycle.

Swimmers:

2 yellow-tail damsels (some say they're baddies, but these were my first fish a year ago and have been model citizens)

6-line wrasse (extremely fat and healthy)

2 bangaii cardinals (daddy is carrying around a potential new family in his mouth right now)

yellow tang

bi-colored blenny

hasselt's goby

flamehawk

clownfish pair

and my most recent addition, a golden dwarf moray eel.

==========
2315769FTS.JPG

^^^^^ ----- 46-inch tall, homebuilt stand (my husband did an awesome job -- I'll have to post a picture sometime) -- still awaiting doors though.

2315770Sideview.JPG

^^^^^ ----- From the side (I have a 3-sided view of the tank) Still need to add a lot of LR -- amazed at the difference in room from a 55g to a 90g. The 55g was so crowded.

2315771Blenny.JPG

^^^^^ ----- Bi-colored Blenny -- this guy has a lot of personality. I've had him awhile and he's one of my favorite fish.

2315772RockAnemone.JPG

^^^^^ ----- Rock Anemone (some call it a flower anemone)

2315773Tang.JPG

^^^^^ ----- Above and behind the yellow tang you can see a plate coral that lives attached to the rock. This is actually the baby of the plate coral that was there before (and is now on the sandbed in my nano) and since this picture was taken, we've discovered a new tiny baby plate underneath this one. We expect this one to abandon its perch any day now so the cycle can start over. Three generations of plates from this rock.

You can also see daddy cardinal peeking out from behind the 'shroom, but his mouth looks much fuller now than it did when the picture was taken. We expect him to release his fry any day now.

2315774FrogSpawn.JPG

^^^^^ ----- The sand I chose is Seachem Gray Coast -- PetSmart was clearing it out so I got a great price. I like it even better than I thought I would.

LiveRock27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Linda. This is a great site with tons of people that are always willing to share their knowledge. I have to warn you these guys and gals will help you spend even more money on this hobby when you see their tanks and corals. The 90g is looking great.

OP
OP
Linda Lee

Linda Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Linda. This is a great site with tons of people that are always willing to share their knowledge. I have to warn you these guys and gals will help you spend even more money on this hobby when you see their tanks and corals. The 90g is looking great.

Hi, Drew... thanks!

And do you drag that bulldog with you everywhere you go?

;)

ServantSoldier

pro am
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another UGA fan here. :) I head to VT next fall, so I'm trying to pull some hokie spirit, but I still bleed red..
Nice to have you on board linda! I love your corner overflow.. you have a clean setup there.

OP
OP
Linda Lee

Linda Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another UGA fan here. :) I head to VT next fall, so I'm trying to pull some hokie spirit, but I still bleed red..

Not a big Dawg fan here, but living in Georgia I've become more tolerant. Definitely an SEC fan though -- My school's colors are orange 'n blue...

Nice to have you on board linda! I love your corner overflow.. you have a clean setup there.

Thanks! Just getting it going and still suffering from tank-envy; so many gorgeous displays here!

Good luck @ Tech!!

:D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh No Orange And Blue???

Roll Tide Linda! :D

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back