Another newbie - working on a 8' x 30" x 30" peninsula build

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. So do you have the tank yet? That is going to be a cool build. I have seen some really nice peninsula build here were members have used the natural sunlight to light there tanks.

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peninsula wall with plumbing and electrical wires and networking cables.... We're at the real rough in phase!

IMG_4894.JPG

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan for the water closet... We'll have a whole house water filter and softener. Plan for the ro/di leading to two tasks - one fresh for the ato refill and one for a saltwater mixing bucket. Then there will be two pumps to transport the water to the dump with switches to turn them on at the sump so I can watch the water levels. There is a mop sink and utility sink about two feet away inn the other side.

IMG_4895.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From one fellow Floridian peninsula (albeit much smaller) to another, welcome to R2R. Looking forward to following your new build.

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
I'm working on a 72"x24"x30" peninsula as well. I haven't started my build thread yet but I do have parts coming in and picked up my tank last week.

We could certainly bounce ideas off one another if you're interested. As you can see above, I'm a few months away from being ready for the tank but I want to get a lot of planning done now.

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could certainly bounce ideas off one another if you're interested. As you can see above, I'm a few months away from being ready for the tank but I want to get a lot of planning done now.

Absolutely we can. But there are a lot of amazing build threads on here that you should check out if you haven't already.

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through them now ... making my lists!

Since I've been out of the big tanks, the whole bean animal and ghost overflow boxes are new. (Hope I got that terminology correct and no offense to anyone if I messed it up!) I have a 20" Synergy overflow on my list, unless there's a reason to go with the newer 16" shadow overflow. For flow I'm eyeing the vectra L1 with some vortech pumps.

I'm starting to think of my sump design and getting all I want under the tank and as quiet as possible.

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you want about 4 times your tank volume an hour going through your overflow
I bought the shadow only because I wouldn't have a lot of room for my returns on either side of the 20" ghost.
The new shadow does have all 1.5" for the bean animal. Which is bigger than before they remade the 16" but don't quote me on that.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! I'll be excited to see this one!! Welcome to R2R!!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back