Another one of those sps days

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would throw up an i-phone pic before I leave on some back to back vacations. Just in case it all melts before I get back to it in a couple weeks.
24513.jpg
Actually that is a good idea, unfortunately I've read allot of those threads and they always have a nice picture of their reef doing good, then the one from when they got back from vacation, actually reef of the month tank shares a similar story but he booked a speed boat and a plane to get back home. Have a great b2b vacation!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that is a good idea, unfortunately I've read allot of those threads and they always have a nice picture of their reef doing good, then the one from when they got back from vacation, actually reef of the month tank shares a similar story but he booked a speed boat and a plane to get back home. Have a great b2b vacation!
The only time something breaks is when I am not home. On the bright side, my son will drop by most days to check on things.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see encrusting on those speciosas, that's always nice! Looks like they are getting hardier, good to see yours growing, that's awesome :)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the sponge power for specific sponges in your tank or the sponges we have in general/naturally?

Brad Mckeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love fws
Hate cb
I lost a Tenuis just about every time I tried it

I’m a big fan of kz sponge power as well. I ran out awhile back and just started dosing again and PE has definitely improved.

PE is not as good during lights out for me believe it or not
What is CB??

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome stuff !! I would like to pick your brain if you got some time -

are you dosing trace elements? If not, are you using a calcium reactor? if so, what ya dosing?

what is your alk and SG range?
Thank you!

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome stuff !! I would like to pick your brain if you got some time -

are you dosing trace elements? If not, are you using a calcium reactor? if so, what ya dosing?

what is your alk and SG range?
Thank you!
Alk 7-10
No calcium reactor
No special dosing
Just esv 2 part

I do dose kz flatworm stop

Last edited:

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tired of saying this Charlie……but your PE is insane and mesmerizing. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I don’t know how you do it. My corals grow fast but have little to no PE on them.
looks great man!

corey

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tired of saying this Charlie……but your PE is insane and mesmerizing. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I don’t know how you do it. My corals grow fast but have little to no PE on them.
looks great man!

corey
Do you have any Angel fish? Tile fish? Or any other known nippers?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lamarcks angel fish. Tangs. Then smaller fish. So I dont know what the issue is. But my growth is almost insane…..so it’s kind of a wash.

corey

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lamarcks angel fish. Tangs. Then smaller fish. So I dont know what the issue is. But my growth is almost insane…..so it’s kind of a wash.

corey
I bet something is nipping. I had terrible PE when I used nutrient stripping media. Don’t know if you use any of that stuff.
Do you get crazy Tenuis growth? All of my non Tenuis and non speciosa grow super fast. I had to remove all of my torts bc they were invading the slower Tenuis.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use any media. Skimmer, chaeto. Nutrients around 8. Trying to raise them up, po4 around 0.06. I dont have a bung of tenius, but I have a few that have doubled in size in a few months. Just added some more. Then some other acros have grown crazy in months. So, similar to what you said, some things grow so fast I have to move them so they don’t overgrow other stuff.
PE and that awesome color escape me. But I think the color is mostly due to lower nutrients in the tank.

corey

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use any media. Skimmer, chaeto. Nutrients around 8. Trying to raise them up, po4 around 0.06. I dont have a bung of tenius, but I have a few that have doubled in size in a few months. Just added some more. Then some other acros have grown crazy in months. So, similar to what you said, some things grow so fast I have to move them so they don’t overgrow other stuff.
PE and that awesome color escape me. But I think the color is mostly due to lower nutrients in the tank.

corey
I’ve had much lower no3/po4 before (still no media or chemicals) and my PE and color was the same. I only feed frozen PE mysis. I think some of the pellets can irritate polyps.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back