b breef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I came home to my prime 16 laying on top of my lid. It had slipped loose( my fault) from the glass. The leds were blasting away on the mesh screen but all was good luckily.
love my krakenReef lid! I imagine it would have been bad for everything in the tank.
sorry no pic as I rushed to fix.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I came home to my prime 16 laying on top of my lid. It had slipped loose( my fault) from the glass. The leds were blasting away on the mesh screen but all was good luckily.
love my krakenReef lid! I imagine it would have been bad for everything in the tank.
sorry no pic as I rushed to fix.
I came home to my Radion on my lid once, this was before I had it secure on the tank. I still thank the fact I had a lid over my tank. Now I have a backboard on the tank and the radions are on that and secure.

REEFTIDE

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don’t think I could ever have a lidless tank even if none of the fish are “known to jump”. So I totally agree with you about a second reason for a lid.
I think the jumpers will always find a way. How many comments have been made about one of their fish finding the only (and tiniest) gap/hole in the lid and managing to get through it but I agree better to have one than not. :) At least we know we did everything possible to secure our tanks if we put one on. I have one on my sw but not my fw because of all the emergent plants. My heart literally skips a beat when I see one of my fish rocket to the surface and break the water. Have you ever thought about how they're able to rapidly stop and change course? It's incredible.

BRS

How often do you buy coral from other hobbyists?

• Very Often

Votes: 66 22.5%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • Very Rare

Votes: 59 20.1%
  • Never

Votes: 59 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.7%
Legendary