Another what is this critter or im going slightly crazy ha ha

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all i dont know if im going crazy and this just a crabs leg with detritus on or just detritus or a worm in the rocks bobbing in and out and stretching trying grab stuff or im just going crazy ha ha,at following times is when good to look if remember correctly and will put another video in shortly.
Near end of one the videos there some kind worm also ( well about 5 next to each other that got 2 tentacles/ feelers and large bit goes upwards,think these are thek spirbid worms or however you spell it
1 minute

Here another short video and white worms at end ?
And thanks for interest ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thanks for reply.
Would never have thought of peanut worm as thought they live in sandbed and whatever this is,its on rockwork 12 inch from sandbed but just did quick google search and some peanut worms can and do live in the rocks,it did look like hard calcified at first but certain points in video looks like it stretching,while stretching it is about 1 inch and while in rocks its about quarter inch.
And while searching peanut worm,***** worms and ribbon worms came up lol
Thanks for interest

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just woke up and whatever it was its gone.

Attachments

• 20210928_104757.jpg
    20210928_104757.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for update it not gone ,its just motionless at bottom of crevice in rocks where it was but im thinking just piece of detritus or something with coraline algae growing in it as for hours now it just laying in crevice not moving and even though in videos above the movement looked very fast and deliberate rather than the flow just randomonly blowing it around.i think its empty tube off something or just some kind detritus/ waste.
Thanks for interest though and them peanut worms look interesting and be cool to have a ***** worm in tank as be good conversational piece.
Get a visitor and say " hey want to see my ***** worm" can just imagine tje look i get from visitors and there reply lol ^_^

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Umm ok word censored its pen Is. If not gathered and i thought was a spelling mistake but the worm does actually exist ha ha
Did you finally get to see it upclose? I don't even know why peanut worm didn't cross my mind. The philliphinos eat them btw.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you finally get to see it upclose? I don't even know why peanut worm didn't cross my mind. The philliphinos eat them btw.
No not yet sucked up with turkey baster.i asked mrs to video while i did it and said take 30- 60 seconds but as expected she busy ( watching tv ha ha) ive just took kid swimming lessons and just off to get more clams/ oysters and scallops for fishy friends then will see if mrs can video it when get home while try suck it up incase is alive and tries to dart in rocks so we can see what it does as i cant video and turkey baste sake time as tank quite deep so not a chance

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Press this link and says they washing up on beaches in california so go for a swim around there maybe ha ha ^_^

Screenshot_20210928-204632_Google.jpg

Omg thousands of the buggers got washed up onto beach from a big storm.

The fat inn keeper lol Screenshot_20210928-204901_Chrome.jpg

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those headlines would make for a great Jimmy Buffet song. He loves beach themes.........."livin on sponge cake. Watching the sun bake........thousands of d $@# fish covered in oil....wastin away again in fatinnkeeperville...
downloadfile.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Update video from whatever it was and think was possible the hinge from clams i feed the clam as after defrosting the clam and slicing it up,sometimes i through the whole shell in but dont really know what is was but wasnt a worm

Edit: another close up video once removed

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some good detective work there, Sir. Am I a bad person for hoping it was a fat innkeeper? Lol
No not a bad person as i also would love to say to anyone looking at my tank " want see my pen is worm which i nockname it the fat innkeeper lol"

I think get some laughs from that and possible a few slaps from the woman ha ha

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your luck the worm wouldn't show and the person would think you were up to something. Great way to end up on a list. If I was the worm, I'd hide each time you asked the question. Lol

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not a bad person as i also would love to say to anyone looking at my tank " want see my pen is worm which i nockname it the fat innkeeper lol"

I think get some laughs from that and possible a few slaps from the woman ha ha
Get your hands in lol, it's like an aquarium version of Blair witch lol, glad you got it pinched out, please post more :) :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back