Anthias 1 clouded eye each

scrappy35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While feeding this morning I noticed one eye on each of my 2 Anthias looks cloudy. They act fine and eat good. I feed a mixture of frozen and pellets. Catching them for treatment will be a chore if I need to. What am I looking at / treatment I have a qt up and running.
thanks
Shane
7EBD283D-2236-48D7-B898-018E359BDF19.jpeg
ACB68036-D88E-4606-B753-E1645CFD87C3.jpeg

OP
OP
S

scrappy35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured it out. I had some flashing going on and treated the tank with prozi, within a day their eyes look much better. I’m thinking some sort of fluke? I have read to treat again in 10 days, is that from the end of the 5-7 day treatment or the beginning?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured it out. I had some flashing going on and treated the tank with prozi, within a day their eyes look much better. I’m thinking some sort of fluke? I have read to treat again in 10 days, is that from the end of the 5-7 day treatment or the beginning?
Prazipro should be redosed 7 to 10 days after the first dose being added. The reason is that some flukes are egg layers, and prazi doesn’t kill the eggs. You need to try and time things so any eggs present have time to hatch out and then hit them again.
I missed your post the first time, sorry. What happens is I search for unanswered posts. When you reply to your own post, it drops off the unanswered list and makes me think somebody else is helping you. Always feel free to tag me so I’ll be sure to see the post.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back