Anthias dead

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss. I would dispose of anything I could afford to replace and bleach everything else associated with that QT tank. Good move not dropping them into the DT. Posts like this are why I keep a QT tank permanently running....

OP
OP
L

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from divers den. They looked healthy in the online pic but as soon as I got them they had some white blotchy marks on them.

OP
OP
L

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss. I would dispose of anything I could afford to replace and bleach everything else associated with that QT tank. Good move not dropping them into the DT. Posts like this are why I keep a QT tank permanently running....

I’m gonna bleach everything and probably buy a new HOB just to be on the safe side. I’m pretty thankful as well that I have a QT. Something like this could have destroyed my whole tank.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema can start with white patches, looks like ruffled scales, before developing into the typical red sores. It spreads internally as well, so it’s very possible the uronema killed from the inside before it had a chance to fully develop on the outside.

Another possibility would be gram-negative bacteria, but I think that’s less likely in this case.

For future reference, if I were to order anthias or chromis today (with uronema being as rampant as it has been recently) I would pre-dose the QT with metronidazole, give the fish a 90 minute bath in acriflavine (ruby reef rally) prior to going into QT, and also begin feeding metro + focus soaked foods as soon as the fish begin eating well.

OP
OP
L

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema can start with white patches, looks like ruffled scales, before developing into the typical red sores. It spreads internally as well, so it’s very possible the uronema killed from the inside before it had a chance to fully develop on the outside.

Another possibility would be gram-negative bacteria, but I think that’s less likely in this case.

For future reference, if I were to order anthias or chromis today (with uronema being as rampant as it has been recently) I would pre-dose the QT with metronidazole, give the fish a 90 minute bath in acriflavine (ruby reef rally) prior to going into QT, and also begin feeding metro + focus soaked foods as soon as the fish begin eating well.
Thanks for the good info.

Back