DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how it happened, but I just noticed this today:
IMG_2917.JPG

Other eye is fine. Eating well. Seems a bit panicky, but not overly out-of-sorts.

Figure I'll just observe. If anything starts to look worse, I've got KanaPlex and Focus (along with several other options) on-hand.

Sound about right?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just the one eye, I'd try epsom salt first (USP grade, no additives). Reef-safe, and helps to reduce the swelling. I've had it work in a case of unilateral popeye due to (probable) injury.

~Bruce

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2943.JPG

Pretty sure it's gotten worse... The fish hangs out like this most of the day; seems to be keeping it's good eye on the rest of the tank?
Still eating well. Tank mates bug it more than they used to, but I can't see any sign of injury resulting from it... yet.

Not really sure what to do next here... Suggestions?

OP
OP
DLHDesign

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice!

We're heading out of town for the weekend and I don't want to rely on my tank watcher to monitor and care for a QT as well, so treatment will have to begin on Monday. The fish has continued to eat well (better than the other Anthias in the tank, in fact).
I've got the acriflavine, but not erythromycin; I'm also running low on Prime. I've got an order for both on the way that should be here by Monday, so I'll be able to follow the instructions provided. Hopefully the delay isn't costly, but I think it's the better option...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back