Anthias swimming vertically

Lizalots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have an Anthias that just seems off. He is in our display tank after a 30 day copper power treatment, metro and gen cure treatment QT. He swims vertically in the water column when he’s just chilling. Now I’m noticing the bottom of his fin looking frayed. I do have a maroon clown who is bullying our fox face, but I’ve yet to witness him going after the Anthias. I didn’t see him eat today but my husband says he saw him eat yesterday.
Any ideas? Posting video and pics.

3924364C-7636-4C3D-8E65-E5B13FE16B6D.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5354.MOV
    18.9 MB
OP
OP
Lizalots

Lizalots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it swim normally?
Yes, after observing further, he seems to flip when he’s looking for a feeding. When I’m not near the tank he’s normal.
Super annoying because in 30 days QT he ate healthily off of frozen mysis and brine shrimp. Now he only will eat live shrimp. He will eat and spit out anything frozen but gobbles down the live like it’s nothing. So annoying to go backwards with a fish, but I don’t want him to starve. As of now I think he’s healthy. The behavior just seemed odd and his fin was strange. I’ll be keeping a close eye on him.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes fish when under stress, will position themselves vertically, but usually in a corner. Seems to be some sort of survival technique. Perhaps they can see better around them to watch for threats. It's not a good thing. When doing this, they seem to slowly decline in health. The clown may have it scared.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back