Anthias throwing up mysis/brine

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anthias keeps eating its food and then throwing it up, eating food throwing up. And this process continues for about a minute till all the food is gone. Any idea what's going on? Is he sick? If so, my other two clowns will likely catch it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it is having difficulty chewing and swallowing the food. SInce it is eating it will probably be ok. With time it might even learn to "chew properly" as my dear mother used to yell at her two sons.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anthias keeps eating its food and then throwing it up, eating food throwing up. And this process continues for about a minute till all the food is gone. Any idea what's going on? Is he sick? If so, my other two clowns will likely catch it.
How long have you had the fish? I have had newly arrived anthias do this, some Wrasse do the same thing.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had this particular fish?? Anthias eat smaller food in their natural habitat, it can take a while for them to acclimate to bigger food. Also what kind of anthia
This too^

They absolutely love things like calanus and cyclops which are very small bits.

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your responses. I've had the lyretail anthias for about 2 weeks. I feed my smaller clowns hikari frozen mysis/brine so I just upped the serving. I didnt know about them eating smaller foods because she refuses to eat PE pellets

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this, take the mysis and use a razor blade to chop it small. Also get some calanus if you can. They love it. My dispar still try to eat stuff too big and spit it back out and then eat it again. Sometimes they get it down, sometimes not.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back