GHogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading a lot about setting up a 120 gallon tank, and the behaviors of anthias are a huge reason I took an interest in the hobby. I'm curious which species, if any, could be kept in a 120 gallon tank. Originally I was interested in keeping a trio of a shoaling species like Lyretails or Bartletts, but I've read mixed replies about whether they would be successful in a tank that small (likely to bully each other to death). Someone once recommended a pair of sunbursts, but I'm nervous about their timidity as I also plan on housing a Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish. Can anyone speak to success with anthias in a 120?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3 lyretail anthiases in a 75 and they did fine together. The sunburst and Bartlett anthiases really don’t school very much, if that’s what you are interested in.

bud217

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried two sets of lyre tail. One in my 180 and one in my 93. Never had any luck. They died off one at a time. If my memory serves me correctly they need to be fed quite often, so this could've been my issue as well.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 lyre tails in my 120 and they are doing fine. I also have 6 blue green chromis that I have had for 1.5 years with no issues.
The lyre tails are always out amd swimming with the chromis.
20210130_125206.jpg

Back