Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my name is Anthony
and I’m..back!!
Well I’ve been without a saltwater tank for awhile now. And have to say it was tough and a sad time without one. Seriously boring!
After researching and studying different size tanks, and complete packages I choose the little Red Sea max nano. I’ve always kept reef tanks on the smaller (nano) scale. For me it’s just easier (money wise) and has always fit into my living spaces. I’m not much on reading or writing novelty’s so on to the little nano.
Hope you follow and help me with my journey on this new tank.

05D710DF-F8DC-4B15-BA7A-E7A48F863C6D.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony, I think the blue fish is just a bit big for your tank! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Best of luck. I look forward to see how it goes. I'm just in the process of the finishing touches on my new DIY 90g (36x30x20) tank build and set up.

OP
OP
Acameron2

Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony, I think the blue fish is just a bit big for your tank! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Best of luck. I look forward to see how it goes. I'm just in the process of the finishing touches on my new DIY 90g (36x30x20) tank build and set up.
Haha thank you! Got to throw the little ones stuffed fish animals in for interest
I’ll keep an eye out on your progress of your tank.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Love the scape.

Oh. And welcome back.

OP
OP
Acameron2

Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rented a par meter From bulk reef supply, and it came in today! This is tonight’s readings and tweaking of light intensity. Wondering if I need to bump my intensity up a little or leave it be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6A22CFB7-E0D4-48A2-A686-9C4006C80161.jpeg 01139E50-FCE1-45DB-8F4E-3B0E17BC8934.png

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great set up so far !!! Have you had problems with your power supply getting 100+ degrees yet ?

Also,your par looks great. Unless you are wanting to keep high end,super light demanding Acro's I wouldn't worry about super high par honestly. If you are wanting to keep things that need 300+ par,figure out what percentages will get you there,write them down and when the time comes you can always just change your percentages.

Most LPS,Zoa's and ever some mid range Acro's will color up,grow and thrive in the 210-250 par range which you have. Monti's,Acro's like Red Planet,Red Dragon and even Tort's would be fine.

Just don't over think it,nor complicate it for yourself. I have a feeling this will be a beaut when it gets going bud.

OP
OP
Acameron2

Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great set up so far !!! Have you had problems with your power supply getting 100+ degrees yet ?

Also,your par looks great. Unless you are wanting to keep high end,super light demanding Acro's I wouldn't worry about super high par honestly. If you are wanting to keep things that need 300+ par,figure out what percentages will get you there,write them down and when the time comes you can always just change your percentages.

Most LPS,Zoa's and ever some mid range Acro's will color up,grow and thrive in the 210-250 par range which you have. Monti's,Acro's like Red Planet,Red Dragon and even Tort's would be fine.

Just don't over think it,nor complicate it for yourself. I have a feeling this will be a beaut when it gets going bud.
Thank you!
Nah I haven’t had the power supply heating up problem yet. The light seems to be running great so far. But that’s only been maybe a month. When I first threw the par meter under the light I was surprised at how low of par I actually had the light running at. (45%) dialed down preset of 18k
Really appreciate your response it gives me confidence!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back