Anti-Cyano Symbio kit is a Tag Team treatment for Cyanobacteria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Anti Cyano Symbio Kit is a new two-part red slime algae treatment coming out of Reef Workshop in France. The treatment tackles cyanobacteria in saltwater tanks by combining two freeze-dried bacteria products, Anti-Cyano Symbio, and Bacto Symbio, which when used together promise to eradicate cyanobacteria in reef tanks (according to the manufacturer.) Anti Cyano…
Source

Continue reading...

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
would like to see others give this a try. currently cyano free in my tank so i don’t see the need for it now.. looks very promising though

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I’m so tempted to pull the trigger since I have been fighting cyano. Would be nice to have some testaments on here.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I’m so tempted to pull the trigger since I have been fighting cyano. Would be nice to have some testaments on here.
$70 (US) to try but it must be bought on faith. Funny really. Coming up with a cure for cyanobacteria but not providing data that it works. This smacks of nonsense.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$70 (US) to try but it must be bought on faith. Funny really. Coming up with a cure for cyanobacteria but not providing data that it works. This smacks of nonsense.
It asks to remove activated carbon from a system, why? It’s bacteria allergic to activated carbon :p

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with the products of this company?

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t really need this to get rid of cyano. Bacter7 and phyto did just fine for me. Cyano free for months now.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t really need this to get rid of cyano. Bacter7 and phyto did just fine for me. Cyano free for months now.
The description of the new products look exactly those you would find on Bacter 7 and Bacter Clean.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have a product that claims to eliminate Dinos. That's also an interest to me.
i just haven't seen any reviews about this company.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have not seen anyone else trying it yet but I also read the article from Reef Builders and I decided to order their Anti-Cynao kit which comes with the Anti-Cyano and Bacto-Symbio and I also ordered their NO3/PO4-Symbio. I have an outbreak of Cyano in a couple of tanks. I moved some live rock between 3 different tanks and all three got Cyano. Two of them I have been struggling with high Phosphate so I decided to try the NO3/PO4 Symbio which targets Phosphates.

They just arrived today and I just dosed my 3 tanks. This stuff is like extremely cloudy if you dose based on their recommendations. I am now in my 1hr wait before turning UV and Skimmers back on. SO far the cloudiness is bad and the fish do not like it. I will post a full review in a week or so. Need to give time for it to work. They recommend to dose once a week. With how cloudy it is and how much the fish dislike it, I think I will do maintenance doses 3 times a week but with only 1/3rd the dose.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the ones I got.

Anti-Cyano Symbio® Kit

The Anti-Cyano Symbio® Kit contains two Reef Workshop® products : Anti-Cyano Symbio® and Bacto-Symbio®.

Anti-Cyano Symbio® is a product made up of a unique formula of 7 marine bacterial strains, associated with a set of bio-enzymes and living micro-organisms, specially selected for their effectiveness in triggering the biological elimination process of cyanobacteria present in your reef aquarium. An effective, natural and safe solution for your aquarium and its inhabitants, Anti-Cyano Symbio® attacks directly the root of the cyanobacteria, the prokaryotes, rather than its surface, thus guaranteeing an integral and lasting action.

Bacto-Symbio® is a product made up of a highly concentrated set of 8 marine bacterial strains, a combination of bio-enzymes and ribozyme biomolecules, vitamins B12, D, D3 and unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. The unique formula of Bacto-Symbio® was developed to enhance the bacterial support of live rocks, allowing for optimal biological filtration and providing a perfect balance to your reef aquarium ecosystem. By stimulating the transformation of organic matter into biomass, consumed by microphagous filter feeders as well as microfauna, and ensuring the elimination of undesirable algae present in your reef aquarium, Bacto-Symbio® is the ideal supplement that will provide vitality and energy to your fish and corals thanks to its combination of vitamins B12, D, D3 and unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.

Anti-Cyano Symbio® Kit : Usefulness and Benefits

Eliminates 100% of the cyanobacteria present in the aquarium.
✔ Regulates Nitrate and Phosphate levels.
✔ Fights against the emergence and development of unwanted algae.
✔ Strengthens biological filtration and the development of bacterial colonies.

No3/Po4 Symbio®

No3/Po4 Symbio® is a unique formula made up of 5 marine bacterial strains, combined with a set of bio-enzymes and organic carbon, specifically selected for their effectiveness in eliminating nitrates and phosphates from your reef aquarium. No3/Po4 Symbio® transforms these into biomass which is an optimal nutrient source for corals, sponges, microphagous filter feeders as well as for the development of micro and macro fauna. No3/Po4 Symbio® is thus an effective, natural and fast solution to regulate nitrate and phosphate rates in your reef aquarium.

No3/Po4 Symbio® : Usefulness and Benefits

Eliminates Nitrates and Phosphates from your reef aquarium.
Controls the emergence and growth of unwanted algae.
✔ Develops optimal biological filtration.
Promotes the growth and deepening of the corals’ colors.

Duration of treatment

NITRATES RATE (No3)
From 15mg/l to 50mg/l of No3 : Significant decrease of 35% per week.
From 50mg/l to 100mg/l of No3 : Significant decrease of 25% per week.
From 100mg/l to +100mg/l of No3 : Significant decrease of 20% per week.

PHOSPHATE RATE (Po4)
From 0,15mg/l to 0,4mg/l of Po4 : Significant decrease of 40% per week.
From 0,4mg/l to 1mg/l of Po4 : Significant decrease of 30% per week.
From 1mg/l to +1mg/l of Po4 : Significant decrease of 25% per week.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The description of the new products look exactly those you would find on Bacter 7 and Bacter Clean.
No it doesn't it has a lot more to it than those. Brightwell has a product for Cynao as well but from what RB said and reading the info on their site this uses different bacteria.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the main problem isn't identified and corrected it will just come back....

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for trying for us. Let us know. I have cyano too that I cannot get rid of. No corals, but Macro algae. I was hoping that the macro algae (Caulerpa, codium, and more) would help in eliminating the cyano, but it did not. However I do not want that new product to kill my nice macro algae at the same time that the cyano, so I am very hesitant to use any new unproven products nor any chemicals.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for trying for us. Let us know. I have cyano too that I cannot get rid of. No corals, but Macro algae. I was hoping that the macro algae (Caulerpa, codium, and more) would help in eliminating the cyano, but it did not. However I do not want that new product to kill my nice macro algae at the same time that the cyano, so I am very hesitant to use any new unproven products nor any chemicals.
Yeah, I think it would crash the macro algea. I'm pulling my cheto from all the tanks and putting them in my macro algea tank for now.

Reefelite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have not seen anyone else trying it yet but I also read the article from Reef Builders and I decided to order their Anti-Cynao kit which comes with the Anti-Cyano and Bacto-Symbio and I also ordered their NO3/PO4-Symbio. I have an outbreak of Cyano in a couple of tanks. I moved some live rock between 3 different tanks and all three got Cyano. Two of them I have been struggling with high Phosphate so I decided to try the NO3/PO4 Symbio which targets Phosphates.

They just arrived today and I just dosed my 3 tanks. This stuff is like extremely cloudy if you dose based on their recommendations. I am now in my 1hr wait before turning UV and Skimmers back on. SO far the cloudiness is bad and the fish do not like it. I will post a full review in a week or so. Need to give time for it to work. They recommend to dose once a week. With how cloudy it is and how much the fish dislike it, I think I will do maintenance doses 3 times a week but with only 1/3rd the dose.
Sorry to revive an old thread but did it work for you?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back