Any body have info on fluval marine and reef 2.0 led

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, what happens to this light’s internal time and schedule settings if it is unplugged (or power outage)?

it falls back to some default setting. I don't remember exactly, but i will notice the button changes colors to one of the manual settings, usually after noticing the whites were on in the evening. Whenever their was a power outage or I unplugged them, I knew to connect to the lights wifi signal and open the app.

James Willis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey does anybody on here know how to set the fluval wifi so that the lights go from white then blue then off. im running 2 x marine and reef 59w fittings on the wifi unit. but it just fades the lighting from white to dim to off no blue!

James Willis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at the moment I have the following settings on both my lights

Ch 1 Daylight
Sunrise 930am till 10am
break 12pm till 2pm
sunset 630pm till 7pm
moon 7pm till 930 am

Ch2 night/blue lights
Sunrise 930am till 10am
break 12pm till 2pm
sunset 630pm till 7pm
moon 7pm till 930 am

so at the moment the lights just fade what have i got wrong on the system
sorry to sound slow Im new to this and its driving me crazy
any help would be greatful

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so at the moment the lights just fade what have i got wrong on the system
sorry to sound slow Im new to this and its driving me crazy
any help would be greatful

James, if you want blue light for moonlight, your ending sunset level becomes your moonlight level. You cannot adjust anything in the moonlight area, right?
On my app (iPhone), the settings in moonlight are the result of my sunset time and percentage. I cannot toggle anything under moonlight directly.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, if you want blue light for moonlight, your ending sunset level becomes your moonlight level. You cannot adjust anything in the moonlight area, right?
On my app (iPhone), the settings in moonlight are the result of my sunset time and percentage. I cannot toggle anything under moonlight directly.
+1

Scabbytramp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone that uses the WiFi , can you customise the l.e.d colours which come on , at the moment you can have 2 colours without WiFi

1 whites and blues together
2 blues with no whites .

1 the whites overpower the blue

2 the blues need more customisation

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, with the WiFi, you have complete control to set a 24 hour schedule on what you want the whites to do, and what you want the blues to do with their intensity percentage. I was just showing my schedule on another thread if you want to see an idea of it, it's about half way down on that page I show screen shots of the WiFi schedule.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/3...-im-seeing-or-not-seeing.383701/#post-4667568

Scabbytramp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is best set for Zoanthids? Need some advice here but these are my
current set

White
6am-12pm -100%
12pm-4pm -70%
4pm-5pm -0%

Blue
5:45am-6:05am -57% But planning to increase to 100%
12pm-7 pm -100%
7pm-10pm -0%

Any advice guys?

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 Months of having 2 of these lights side by side, I think it's now time to try something different. The tank coloring from these and coverage in the tank is great visually, and the programming and ramping is great, but I'm just not get ANY growth. My patience has run out. I decided to try an SB reef black box, I can't splurge for a radion yet. My only concern in my foot print with the 16" black box. My bow front is basically 30" wide x 12" (excluding the bow front) and 24" deep. I feel the 32" model would be over kill but I'm concerned about shadows on my edges because I hear these black boxes pretty much shoot straight down.

Anyway, I know this is a Fluval post. Maybe they will suffice for shallower tanks, but it's time for me to move on to something else.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 Months of having 2 of these lights side by side, I think it's now time to try something different. The tank coloring from these and coverage in the tank is great visually, and the programming and ramping is great, but I'm just not get ANY growth. My patience has run out. I decided to try an SB reef black box, I can't splurge for a radion yet. My only concern in my foot print with the 16" black box. My bow front is basically 30" wide x 12" (excluding the bow front) and 24" deep. I feel the 32" model would be over kill but I'm concerned about shadows on my edges because I hear these black boxes pretty much shoot straight down.

Anyway, I know this is a Fluval post. Maybe they will suffice for shallower tanks, but it's time for me to move on to something else.

I had the Original 48" and the newest 3.0 with Fluval Smart app. Same results, Garbage.
I use them as coverage strips now to even out shadows across my DIY canopy I made. Hydra 26hd's on each end were the fix. Corals are growing like crazy now.

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't disagree with anything you said, however I would like to say that these CAN work... or have for me, with some tank adaptations. All of my SPS are less than 8 inches from my surface and they are all growing. I have had coloration issues though. Colors fading or blues fading to green. I have two of these lights over my 54g corner and one of the lights has been positioned over the back corner primarily. A few weeks ago I moved the second light next to the other light, closer to the front of the tank and right over top of my SPS. Growth and coloration have improved significantly in this short amount of time. My sandbed is inhabited with LPS which are all healthy, have good color, and are growing.

Do I think these lights are the best? No, I know they are not... but they can work given the right circumstances/adjustments.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't disagree with anything you said, however I would like to say that these CAN work... or have for me, with some tank adaptations. All of my SPS are less than 8 inches from my surface and they are all growing. I have had coloration issues though. Colors fading or blues fading to green. I have two of these lights over my 54g corner and one of the lights has been positioned over the back corner primarily. A few weeks ago I moved the second light next to the other light, closer to the front of the tank and right over top of my SPS. Growth and coloration have improved significantly in this short amount of time. My sandbed is inhabited with LPS which are all healthy, have good color, and are growing.

Do I think these lights are the best? No, I know they are not... but they can work given the right circumstances/adjustments.[/QUOTE

Yes, if you stack them up together, but for the money you spent on those 2, you could have gotten 1 fixture/light to fix all. That's all I'm saying.

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just bought a fluval marine and reef 2.0 for my tank today. Only paid 150 cause I had 50 in rewards coupons for the 36" I seen they are wifi compatible but have seen no reviews and couldn't find the wifi control module or release date for it. These are relatively new and found no reviews or much info on them any help be awesome thank you
image.jpg
do you know what kind of Par out put those things put off? I don't really see them being able to be used with SPS coral. I think I would have just went with the Current Orbit IC LED's

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you know what kind of Par out put those things put off? I don't really see them being able to be used with SPS coral. I think I would have just went with the Current Orbit IC LED's

MY LFS sold me the 48" 59w 25000k 3.0 and did a par reading on the exact same tank I had at the time. an old 55g, 48" x 18 x 12.

Strip was directly on top of the tank, not raised up or lifted.
230 Par 6"
180 Par 10"
110-120 on the sand bed

So, not very good for SPS/Acro. Would do just fine for medium-light LPS and softies, chalices, etc...

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY LFS sold me the 48" 59w 25000k 3.0 and did a par reading on the exact same tank I had at the time. an old 55g, 48" x 18 x 12.

Strip was directly on top of the tank, not raised up or lifted.
230 Par 6"
180 Par 10"
110-120 on the sand bed

So, not very good for SPS/Acro. Would do just fine for medium-light LPS and softies, chalices, etc...
Not bad for that. I have the current led on one of my tanks and I love how I have my power heads and flow pump all hooked together. I love the mount arm they have as well. How do them mount? Adjustable legs on them?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, they adjust out on each side and just sit flush on the lip.

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For sure. That being said, I got mine as a steal from someone nearly new in box. Also, the ramping, night mode, etc are pleasing (caveat: to me).

Back