Any clue?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew. Well the transit may or probably stirred the sand bed up pretty good.

has the bottom been always been that color? Looks black.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be a type of cyano? I have left the red cyano alone and it has become stingy. Looks very similar to yours

656a7403fbde3c112ea31f3648516d2a.jpg

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had similar looking stuff grow on my sand bed when I used fine grain sand. Pretty sure it's cyano. I peeled it off as much as I could (you'll lose some sand) and increased my sand stirring. Eventually it stopped growing. Good luck!

OP
OP
Zamreefman

Zamreefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so very much. I appreciate your input and wisdom and thank you for sharing with me..

@kamakazian like I had mentioned in the main, my tank was going from cloudy to clear and back... Well that I've bn on here the last two days panicking it has cleared up 100%... Peeling the slime off and stirring the sand, will it keep coming back till it all dies off eventually? And will that make the water spike each time I do that? And is that ok?

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so very much. I appreciate your input and wisdom and thank you for sharing with me..

@kamakazian like I had mentioned in the main, my tank was going from cloudy to clear and back... Well that I've bn on here the last two days panicking it has cleared up 100%... Peeling the slime off and stirring the sand, will it keep coming back till it all dies off eventually? And will that make the water spike each time I do that? And is that ok?
Not sure how it would affect your levels, if at all. But like I said, eventually it went away. I remember the stuff kinda freaked me out too, it looks like death spawning in your tank lol. Also, if you can increase flow (I pointed my wave maker down) to the sand bed without causing a sandstorm, that'll help keep things moving ad's harder for the stuff to take root on your sand

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea every time you stir up the sand it'll make it spike if you've not done it before.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back